Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard does Deontay Wilder hit compared to Foreman, Tua, Shavers etc?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Sounds like you wouldn't give Wilder any credit no matter who he knocks out or puts on the floor.
    As I said before -- if he puts to sleep someone serious, I WILL ADMIT I WAS WRONG.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      We’re definitely on the same wavelength regarding these guys. I see it much the same. The last fight was almost two years ago. And although Ortiz is in pretty good shape for a fighter over 40, he’s still a middle-aged man. Ortiz might try pressuring Wilder early, knowing the later the fight goes, the less chance he’ll have at winning. Deontay will do what he always does, look for an opening for that monster right. I see it landing somewhere between the 4th and 6th rounds, and then the fight will be over. I think it’ll be an entertaining little fight. It appears Luis is coming to win. And you know what? It wouldn’t shock me if he does.
      I would say we hit that pretty close huh? Damn its time to say Wilder is the hardest hitting heavy ever with one shot. I was still saying Foreman, and he did have that power in both hands, and had the heaviest hands ive ever seen. One punch for one punch though I think Wilder just might be the best ever. What's your take from the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
        As I said before -- if he puts to sleep someone serious, I WILL ADMIT I WAS WRONG.
        Ortiz was serious.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          I would say we hit that pretty close huh? Damn its time to say Wilder is the hardest hitting heavy ever with one shot. I was still saying Foreman, and he did have that power in both hands, and had the heaviest hands ive ever seen. One punch for one punch though I think Wilder just might be the best ever. What's your take from the fight?
          Yeah, we weren’t too far off. Can’t say I’m always that right about these things. Lol I didn’t watch the fight, just read about it and saw some highlights. That KO punch was some shot. Yikes. Few punchers are in the same conversation. Looks like Deontay really doesn’t care about winning rounds. He can actually afford to do that, which is scary. Wilder is arguably the best right now, and not because he beat Ortiz. He’s just so powerful that, unless you can knock him out, you’re likely to get KTFO yourself.

Comment

Firstly, let me just point out Shavers and Foreman are both southern boys. Dixie is where power comes from.....*****es.

Foreman did not KO the following bums:

Roberto Davila 203 21 14 0

Levi Forte 199 20 21 2

Crawford Grimsley 235 20 0 0

Everett Martin 228 17 7 1

Tua failed to end:

Krishna Wainwright 207 1 3 1

Lester Jackson 296 5 2 1

Sean Hart 210 11 3 2

Robert Hawkins 241 21 6 0

Friday Ahunanya 229½ 24 5 3

Demetrice King 274¾ 15 19 0

Monte Barrett 225 34 9 0

Alexander Ustinov 293 28 1 0

These guys slipped by Shavers:

Stan Johnson 180 6 0 0

Ron Stander 216 9 0 0

Vicente Rondon 191 36 7 1

Bob Stallings 209½ 21 24 0

Bernardo Mercado 217 24 2 0

Leroy Boone 13 4 0

Ali Haakim 218¼ 14 0 0

Walter Santemore 225 17 10 0

Rahim Muhammad 198 7 7 0

George Chaplin 212 18 6 2

Brian Yates 217 5 16 2

No hopers who didn't get Ko'd by Wilder:

Wilder hits harder than anyone, his kinematic chains are more pure and his KO record speaks for itself. Every Marciano has a Lowry except for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              Firstly, let me just point out Shavers and Foreman are both southern boys. Dixie is where power comes from.....*****es.

Foreman did not KO the following bums:

Roberto Davila 203 21 14 0

Levi Forte 199 20 21 2

Crawford Grimsley 235 20 0 0

Everett Martin 228 17 7 1

Tua failed to end:

Krishna Wainwright 207 1 3 1

Lester Jackson 296 5 2 1

Sean Hart 210 11 3 2

Robert Hawkins 241 21 6 0

Friday Ahunanya 229½ 24 5 3

Demetrice King 274¾ 15 19 0

Monte Barrett 225 34 9 0

Alexander Ustinov 293 28 1 0

These guys slipped by Shavers:

Stan Johnson 180 6 0 0

Ron Stander 216 9 0 0

Vicente Rondon 191 36 7 1

Bob Stallings 209½ 21 24 0

Bernardo Mercado 217 24 2 0

Leroy Boone 13 4 0

Ali Haakim 218¼ 14 0 0

Walter Santemore 225 17 10 0

Rahim Muhammad 198 7 7 0

George Chaplin 212 18 6 2

Brian Yates 217 5 16 2

No hopers who didn't get Ko'd by Wilder:

Wilder hits harder than anyone, his kinematic chains are more pure and his KO record speaks for itself. Every Marciano has a Lowry except for Wilder.
              Could farther that actually, who of the men that didn't get KO'd by the great punchers of yesterday do youse think Wilder would struggle to KO?

Anyone here reckon King or Forte or some such makes it 12 with Wilder?

Comment

I think the fact that all of those guys were better combination punchers than Wilder, yet still had lower KO percentages, speaks for itself. Wilder is in most cases a one shot, or a jab-straight right puncher. On his best day he can follow that up with an uppercut or a hook, but you almost never see him put together 3-6 punch combinations.

And yet, time and time again, he still puts people to sleep. Everybody knows he's just looking for the home run and they still get hit with it anyway.

Comment

Tough to say, since those guys were probably more heavy handed, with everything harder while Wilder likely has a harder right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    Ortiz was serious.
                    Sort of serious. Good chin but not granite. If he puts to sleep Parker, Ruiz or Kownacki (just to name these three) it will be something. Hopefully, he will have balls big enough to fight them instead waiting for neverending unreal drama with Fury and Joshua.
                    Last edited by Dariusz; 11-27-2019, 03:40 AM. Reason: sp.

Comment

Those guys you mentioned fought much higher level opposition so it's all relative.

Young Mike was ko'ing everyone more brutally than Wilder has done his opponents but when he took the step up and fought higher level opposition his KO percentage went down. I think Tyson, Shavers and Foreman overall where harder hitters than Wilder.

Wilder hits extremely hard no doubt but he seems to be very reliant on his right, these other guys had real power in both hands

Comment

Working...
                      X