Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From 130, 135, 140, 147 and 154 who do you see possible beating Floyd at his best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one beats Floyd at 130

Only Duran beats him at 135

Too many fighters to name beat him from 140-154

Comment

Not many 147 and under.

The thing is, would anyone put Castillo on the list had they not fought? Imagine Floyd's career went exactly the same in terms of opponents but you take Castillo out, now imagine if I said that stylistically JLC would give Floyd hell, 99% of the forum would laugh me out of the room, I'm sure most would cite the comparable performances against Corrales, the fact that Floyd beat bigger and better pressure fighters.

Now everyone always mentions the rematch and how dominant Floyd was, but honestly I thought Castillo did well and won 4 rounds, Floyd pulled away down the stretch, but even then he had to resort to 'over-moving'...I mean dont get me wrong he won clearly and got the job done BUT...There was something innately in Castillo's style, timing, rhythm that gave Floyd problems, he never really settled down in either fight.

So it then becomes extremely difficult for me personally to pick guys who would beat him. In certain cases you can have a pretty good idea, the ability and dimensions of Leonard and Hearns you know are tough jobs for him, there are other obvious examples, especially at 154, but I think there are probably cases where someone with next level understanding of boxing styles could give some non-obvious cases, and the castillo fight is an example of this, this is why you fight the fights

Comment

Duran,Sugar Ray Leonard and Robinson , Wilfred Benetiez Arron Pryor Tommy Hearns Ray Mancini Alexis Arguello Julio Cesar Chavez All beat Floyd and of Course Castillo and Madaina both beat Floyd who were no where near the level of the guys I mentioned

Comment

[QUOTE=Luilun;20391957]Duran,Sugar Ray Leonard and Robinson , Wilfred Benetiez Arron Pryor Tommy Hearns Ray Mancini Alexis Arguello Julio Cesar Chavez All beat Floyd and of Course Castillo and Madaina both beat Floyd who were no where near the level of the guys I mentioned. Oh and if Floyd fought at 154 not 152 Julian Jackson Terry Norris both knock him out

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post

Castillo beat him at 135 don't care what them cards say

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
              130 Loma stand best chance but I think he loses close one

135 Duran I think prime Roberto beats him but would lose in a rematch

140 Crawford he isnt the greatest at 140 and probably loses but his style poses best chance compared to rest of 140 fighters in history

147 Robinson it be a razor close fight given I think 147 is Floyd at his very best but Robinson has every tool and IQ to beat Floyd but it will def be close

154 Hearns simular to Robinson only thing Floyd could do what Leonard did with come back ko.

who would you guys pick?
              Floyd's style is to melt in between your movements. He shapeshifts. Only fighters he would have trouble doing that against is Khan, Pryor, Pacman, and Duran at 135!

Now Floyd at 135 was flawless, so Duran loses that one because Duran wasnt flawless.

Khan pryror to being KO'd, as well as Pac in 2009-10, are the only ones who truly stand a chance. But standing a chance is not the same as flatout winning.

Mayweather, 100 out of 100 times, is factually invincible. This has been proven over a timespan of 20yrs and 50 fights.

Floyd at his worse is at least unbeatable. 10 out of 50 fights, he looked bad, ran, hugged, clinch, and at the very least, won those fights.

Whats interesting is 40 out of 50 times, Floyd was pure perfection. At his worse, he wins, but on average he dominates.

Its tough to see him losing a fantasy fight based off of that alone!

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post

But who is better, Duran at 135, or Floyd at 135?

We cant talk about how much Duran was a killer at 135, without mentioning how astonishing Floyd was.

Floyd edged that fight, and could even make it look easy tbh!

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  Prime Margarito
                  Prime Cotto
                  Prime Manny
                  Williams
                  Keith Thurman

Pretty much everybody in Floyd's division who he could have made fights with but oops it was time to go on vacation.
                  Lmfaoooooo

Comment

Duran has a good chance of beating floyd at 135, 140? I cant think of anyone I'd favor over him. 147? Def Tommy Hearns and SRL. Vernon Forrest would also be a very tough fight for him. SRR would be another toughie.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      Prime Margarito
                      Prime Cotto
                      Prime Manny
                      Williams
                      Keith Thurman

Pretty much everybody in Floyd's division who he could have made fights with but oops it was time to go on vacation.

Comment

Working...
                      X