No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder should be suspended for his comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder should be suspended for his comments

This whole situation with Maxim Dadashev has opened my eyes man...

We shouldn't allow someone to participate in this sport who has openly expressed that he wants to end someone's life in this ring! That's it. Things should be done about this

Friday night I watched a young warrior in Dadashev take too much punishment and it ended up costing his life. I followed the kid for a while now and it really hit me.

The danger is very real and realistic!
    Everytime these fighters step in the ring they risk their lives for our entertainment.
    So why do we allow someone in the ring who has openly told us about his fked up fantasy to kill someone up in that ring? Is that supposed to be cool or something? This dude is a fkn scumbag! If he keeps saying this stuff the commissions should stop him before something like this happens again.

And don't talk to me about 'he just promoting the fight' and sh#t like that. Foh man there are millions of different ways in which you can promote a fight. F#k this guy, seriously. He is probably the hardest hitter in the sport as well. He is capable of doing what he is talking about. He already put Stiverne in the hospital before.

The sport is dangerous enough. Fighters who are actively looking to kill someone and talking about killing someone in that ring should not be welcome period

Don't try to make this about Wilder.

He had nothing to do with this situation whatsoever.

Boxing is a gladiator sport, and every fighter knows the risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Don't try to make this about Wilder.

He had nothing to do with this situation whatsoever.

Boxing is a gladiator sport, and every fighter knows the risks.
      He should be punished for what he said. Why should we allow someone in the sport that wants to kill his opponent in the ring? It's not about making this about Wilder, it's about preventing the next fatality in the sport. It's a real threat, especially with the hardest puncher in the sport. Don't try to spin this now

Comment

Wilder was selling a fight this a blood sport everyone knows the consequences, to Suspend him would be super soft might as well shut the whole sport down.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Wilder was selling a fight this a blood sport everyone knows the consequences, to Suspend him would be super soft might as well shut the whole sport down.
          Like i said there are millions of other ways to sell a fight. And it's not the first time he said it...and he also said he still has that desire after the fight was over. It was not to just sell a fight, the guy is just a scumbag

Comment

Wilder in all honesty seems to be a man of God. If he kept it 100, he wouldn't have said those things... stooping low and copying Bermaine Stiverne in ''I'm trying to catch a case...'' ... you'd think Wilder in all his greatness is better than that too..

Comment

Talking about wanting to do it doesn't make it more likely that he will do it. He has two fists and a head just like everybody else.

Anybody who genuinely has dark intentions like that should be told to keep them thoughts to themselves. It brings the sport into a bad light by trying to normalize it and is not good form as a role model to younger generations getting involved. Wilder deserves a fine at minimum and a 6 month at maximum for bring the sport into disrepute with his words.

The commissions' time would be better put to use by clamping down on PEDs in the US. What if it had been Thurman or Pacquiao who died? We all know one or both guys were on PEDs for that fight because VADA wasn't involved.

Comment

It's really, really cheap to make Dadashev's death about Wilder. I had hoped you guys were better than that/

Comment

Wilder is not a bright guy, he makes himself look stupid almost every time he speaks. He has this phony shtick going for him where he has the whole "I HAD to fight to make money to take care of my daughter" sob story, then he has the Man of God shtick on the other side but then he also comes out with this nonsense about wanting to kill opponents in the ring. His stupidity is only going to get worse with every bit of CTE he is developing.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    It's really, really cheap to make Dadashev's death about Wilder. I had hoped you guys were better than that/
                    You guys don't get it man. I'm not trying to do that. Dadashevs name is not in the title of the thread. It's about our sport. The integrity of our sport and reducing the risk of fighters losing their lives in future matchups. It is something that should be brought up, I know it's not easy to talk about. But it's necessary, especially when a boxer recently was indeed killed in that ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X