Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Mike Tyson vs Prime Tyson Fury. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Mike born from his own mother? There’s your answer.

Comment

Fury stops the midget late after boxing his head off. Too big, too skilled for Mike to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        Please don't overrate buster
        Buster > Larry holmes

Apparently?!

Comment

His resume was **** in the 80's. When he stepped up his comp, he lost every fight. Unless you consider razor a A-level fighter which I don't
          He made them look sh|t. Just like Ali made Liston look average, but Liston would annihilate current HWs. Tyson in Japan and against Holyfield was a totally different fighter. Anyone will tell you that. Watch his whole career, sports writers, commentators all noted the difference and his sluggish performance in later fights.

Comment

Please don't overrate buster
            mentioning ''that'' fight is not overrating him. if anything, fury is being overrated.

Comment

Despite being a massive Mike Tyson fan myself, I've always thought he would struggle to KO opponents that are taller than 6 foot 3 inches and opponents who are heavier than 230 pounds. His knockout record suggests this. A combination of struggling to land his knockout punches on taller opponents due to them being able to neutralize his full knockout power by forcing Tyson to reach further reduces his chances of knocking them out. In addition, heavier opponents are historically tougher to KO. However, many that are going for Mike Tyson to win either seem to forget or ignore the fact that a KO isn't the only option for Tyson to win with. He can also win via decision and he as proven that he has the abilities to do so. So even though I'd pick Mike Tyson to win, I'd argue that a decision win is a more likely outcome than a KO win for either.

Tyson Fury is really just a one hit wonder at this point. There isn't much consistency in his record. He beat the worst version of Wladimir Klitschko who was hampered with his wife having post - pregnancy disorder, which prevented him from training as much as he could. Not to mention that he was nearing 40. At least Mike Tyson demolished Larry Holmes in 4 rounds whilst Larry Holmes was 36 years old. Whereas the 13 year younger Tyson Fury has to go 12 rounds against the 39 year old Wladimir Klitschko whilst barely beating him. As in, he was barely able to land more than 2 or 3 more punches than Wlad in practically every round. The rounds were purely decided by 2 or 3 fluffy, ineffective punches and not by who landed the more effective punches

Other than Fury's victory over the worst version of Wlad, he has went life and death against many other boxers who were nowhere near as good as a prime Mike Tyson. The likes of Kevin Johson, Cunningham among a few others gave Tyson Fury some close fights.

I think a prime Mike Tyson wins this via 12 rounds unanimous decision!

Comment

No one can prove it so I'll say fury ko

Comment

I think Tyson takes this one.

Comment

Fury too slick/skilled. His jab is too good and he understands distance too well. Not only that but he can do it for 12 rounds. He makes Mike quit before 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                      Despite being a massive Mike Tyson fan myself, I've always thought he would struggle to KO opponents that are taller than 6 foot 3 inches and opponents who are heavier than 230 pounds. His knockout record suggests this. A combination of struggling to land his knockout punches on taller opponents due to them being able to neutralize his full knockout power by forcing Tyson to reach further reduces his chances of knocking them out. In addition, heavier opponents are historically tougher to KO. However, many that are going for Mike Tyson to win either seem to forget or ignore the fact that a KO isn't the only option for Tyson to win with. He can also win via decision and he as proven that he has the abilities to do so. So even though I'd pick Mike Tyson to win, I'd argue that a decision win is a more likely outcome than a KO win for either.

Tyson Fury is really just a one hit wonder at this point. There isn't much consistency in his record. He beat the worst version of Wladimir Klitschko who was hampered with his wife having post - pregnancy disorder, which prevented him from training as much as he could. Not to mention that he was nearing 40. At least Mike Tyson demolished Larry Holmes in 4 rounds whilst Larry Holmes was 36 years old. Whereas the 13 year younger Tyson Fury has to go 12 rounds against the 39 year old Wladimir Klitschko whilst barely beating him. As in, he was barely able to land more than 2 or 3 more punches than Wlad in practically every round. The rounds were purely decided by 2 or 3 fluffy, ineffective punches and not by who landed the more effective punches

Other than Fury's victory over the worst version of Wlad, he has went life and death against many other boxers who were nowhere near as good as a prime Mike Tyson. The likes of Kevin Johson, Cunningham among a few others gave Tyson Fury some close fights.

I think a prime Mike Tyson wins this via 12 rounds unanimous decision!
                      Kevin Johnson did not give Fury a close fight, nor for that matter did Cunningham. USS knocked him down but then Fury went to work and brutally beat him up.

How was it the worst version of Wlad? Styles make fights and Fury made Klitschko look bad with his movement and fienting etc. When Fury faced Wlad, he was active, fit and had barely lost a round in 12 years. Not like the inactive, half retired version that Joshua went life and death with.

Fury vs Klitschko is what happens when two defensive first giants come across each other, nobody who followed both boxers predicted it would be a slug fest, it was always going to be a chess match. Styles make fights. Anyway what was Fury supposed to do? Stand there like that bum Pulev and wait for Klitschko to knock him out? He did what he had to do to win the fight.

At the end of the day, Mike Tyson is a midget compared to the super heavyweights of today. Fury would be a nightmare for anyone if he's on his game past or present.

Comment

Working...
                      X