No announcement yet.

There's only 4 great American hopes left

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's only 4 great American hopes left

1) Deontay Wilder - basically, Golovkin of the heavyweight division, another bum beater, but at least Golovkin can get away with his weak ass resume because there's almost no competitive fights for him at 160, while Deontay still needs to be tested against Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua to prove he's the real deal and the main force in the division. British fighters like Joshua will rule that division with iron fists. Who needs Deontay when you have Anthony Joshua and Fury? The first American hope is untested

2) Errol Spence Jr. - the guy has talent and potential, but still too green and unexperienced to praise him at this moment. Yeah, that green fighter is the second American hope

3) Andre Ward - solid fighter with incredible skills and good resume, but no belts, plus he doesn't bring money and doesn't attract fans

4) Terence Crawford - a solid fighter, but the best scalp in his resume is overrated featherfisted Ukranian bum who never showed anything special and got lucky that Matthysse messed up his eye. Anyway, TC is a great fighter and without a question, the king of his division

So we have only 4 American hopes at the moment. Only four. 4.

And two of these guys are untested (Spence and Wilder). Two other guys are solid but only one of them got these belts with good resume.

So at this moment, US has only one fighter who's tested and got the belts at the same time.

And some people making threads, asking if US > Europe, ha ha. Are they for real?

The question, which one of these American hopes will be the first to take the L?
    Deontay Wilder
    52.94%
    Bud Crawford
    0.00%
    Andre Ward
    41.18%
    Errol Spence
    5.88%
    Last edited by g27region; 08-11-2016, 06:15 AM.

How could you forget about Danny Garcia?

One of the best resumes at 140 and is still undefeated.

Comment

if mikey garcia can get back on track he may very well make it back on the p4p list.

without a dobut he's already accomplsiehd more, and will accomplish more, than deontay wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        if mikey garcia can get back on track he may very well make it back on the p4p list.

without a dobut he's already accomplsiehd more, and will accomplish more, than deontay wilder.
        Mikey may have been born in the US but he only embraces his Mexican culture. I don't think I've ever seen him rocking an American flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
          Mikey may have been born in the US but he only embraces his Mexican culture. I don't think I've ever seen him rocking an American flag.

mikey garcia is an american. speaks english, lives in america, went to american schools, wants to become an american cop once he's done boxing. i'm glad that he's proud of his mexican lineage. he should be. but the guy is just as american as i am.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            mikey garcia is an american. speaks english, lives in america, went to american schools, wants to become an american cop once he's done boxing. i'm glad that he's proud of his mexican lineage, but the guy is just as american as i am.
            Nah, he wanted to be a cop before he took up boxing, but that didn't pan out.

He's American by definition, but to a typical person he's "that Mexican dude".

Comment

Three years ago ESPN did an extensive article on why Floyd Mayweather is the last great American prize fighter. I think you guys should check it out. The guys you listed are all good fighters but I don't see greatness in any of them.

Comment

Keith Thurman
                Danny Garcia
                Mikey Garcia

^ Those guys get lots tv time too

Comment

Wilder and Errol Spence are the only good ones out of those four, Ward is boring as fuq and Crawford pretty much the exact same yawwwwn...

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                    Mikey's American. He embraces his Mexican culture, but he's still American.

Besides it's not like Wilder, Spence, Ward and Crawford are these All American fighters that embrace the USA and come in with American flags and such. They embrace their culture and I've yet to see them come in with American flags as well. If they do, it's rare.

Comment

Working...
                    X