No announcement yet.

Robert Helenius

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
    its great to have some fresh blood in the HW division, but it's very hard to assess him based on past fights. With so few boxers at an elite level at HW (you can safely argue there's only two, and no prizes for who they are) that unless a fight with one of the Ks materialises then i for one will reserve judgement, after all, i made that mistake with a certain Mr Haye
    Haye never even remotely looked as impressive at heavyweight as Helenius. Haye was mostly hype as a heavyweight. Helenius is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
      Haye never even remotely looked as impressive at heavyweight as Helenius. Haye was mostly hype as a heavyweight. Helenius is the real deal.
      well i hope you're correct, boxing needs a big new HW star. For now tho i will still reserve judgement, after all it's too easy to become a boxing 'expert' without really seeing what's in front of you.

As i say, i hope you're right.

Comment

well i hope you're correct, boxing needs a big new HW star. For now tho i will still reserve judgement, after all it's too easy to become a boxing 'expert' without really seeing what's in front of you.

As i say, i hope you're right.
        I'm basing my view of Helenius on the evidence I've identified earlier in the thread. Helenius has the gift of killer instinct that even a champion like Wlad lacks, and yet he has the KO power that Wlad possesses. All he lacks is Wlad's commitment to physical discipline, and that's something he can change. And he's mowed down some very tough former champs, Liakhovich and Peter in particular.

I likewise always based my view of Haye as a heavyweight on the evidence, rather than his own overblown view of himself. Anyone who looked at the reality of Haye as a heavyweight knew he was going to lose to Wladimir. He fought Wlad using the same flawed strategy that he used against Valuev. He really lost both fights, thought the record says he only lost one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
          I'm basing my view of Helenius on the evidence I've identified earlier in the thread. Helenius has the gift of killer instinct that even a champion like Wlad lacks, and yet he has the KO power that Wlad possesses. All he lacks is Wlad's commitment to physical discipline, and that's something he can change. And he's mowed down some very tough former champs, Liakhovich and Peter in particular.

I likewise always based my view of Haye as a heavyweight on the evidence, rather than his own overblown view of himself. Anyone who looked at the reality of Haye as a heavyweight knew he was going to lose to Wladimir. He fought Wlad using the same flawed strategy that he used against Valuev. He really lost both fights, thought the record says he only lost one.
          Interesting reply, and you make some very good points, particularly regarding Haye, a fighter i foolishly fell victim to the hype. I do stand firm on my assessment of Helenius tho, i do think 3/4 more fights against live, fresh opposition will allow better placement in his standing amongst the the sharp end of his division.

Comment

Interesting reply, and you make some very good points, particularly regarding Haye, a fighter i foolishly fell victim to the hype. I do stand firm on my assessment of Helenius tho, i do think 3/4 more fights against live, fresh opposition will allow better placement in his standing amongst the the sharp end of his division.
            Yeah, he's fought some good guys, but the more good guys he fights and wins against the better for him. But what he really needs now is to up his game in the training department. A ripped Robert Helenius should be a scary thought for the entire HW division. I really think it's all up to him: he's got the natural gifts, now he needs to maximize those gifts by putting it all into becoming mega-fit. Hire a nutritionist like Chef Williams and get in the gym every day.

Like I said, Liakhovich fought Helenius very tough, and Sergei is a good fighter. But the look of ferocity on Helenius's face when he put The White Wolf away told me a lot about him. He's got the heart of a killer.
            Last edited by Grinderman; 10-10-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X