Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Black fighter saying he supports his fellow Black American fighters isnt racist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munchies View Post
    99% of black people will root for a black fighter over a white fighter no matter where the fighters are from.
    A formula for racist is Power+Prejudice, Mayweather has no power no if you take someone like Arum he has alot of the power so he can't make statements of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      It's okay for Black people to support Black fighters. It's okay for White people to support White fighters.

You can root for anyone you want, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

The first pro boxing event I ever attended (in Detroit) I remember there was a visiting Black British fighter fighting a White American boxer on the undercard. I remember all the African-American people around me were rooting for the Black British boxer...

I think all people are free to root for whoever they want, as long as there's no DOUBLE STANDARD that says other people aren't supposed to root for their own people without being called "racist" or "nazi".
      Off the subject but we saw who Kelly Pavlik was quick to support, he chose to support Hilary Clinton, never in his right mind would Arum or Pavlik had supported a black man for president eventhought the majority of the country did so does that make him a racist heck no, I like Pavlik style just not on pay per view, and we all know we pay for Mayweathers Pay per view just to see if someone will do the impossible and knock his block off. I maybe black but I hoped Gatti beat his ass but I knew it wasn't going to happen

Comment

You can't claim reverse racism, when you hold all the power. The KKK holds parades and rally's outside Military bases and it's ok. But the Black Panther Organization cannot. How is that possible when the KKK killed, raped, and tortured far more people? Caucasians hold more offices in government, and positions of power around the country. What are you trying to say that white people discriminate against themselves? It must be so, because we don't have the power to do anything to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bazil82 View Post
          A formula for racist is Power+Prejudice, Mayweather has no power no if you take someone like Arum he has alot of the power so he can't make statements of that nature.
          LOOOOOOL

Did you not see what Arum said about UFC and its fan

Comment

Black is a race not a nationality so i dont see the comparison, Irish is a nationality not a race, same goes for Polish, are we to believe there are no black Irish people? of coarse there are.

African American is a stupid non valid term, as if you cant just be an American, you have! to make reference to the person's colour before you can call them an American.

How many generations do you wanna go back and affiliate yourself with another country FFS. People like to fudge these issues to suit there affiliation with another country or race.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              Black is a race not a nationality so i dont see the comparison, Irish is a nationality not a race, same goes for Polish, are we to believe there are no black Irish people? of coarse there are.

African American is a stupid non valid term, as if you cant just be an American, you have! to make reference to the person's colour before you can call them an American.

How many generations do you wanna go back and affiliate yourself with another country FFS. People like to fudge these issues to suit there affiliation with another country or race.
              Floyd said Black American. Also when someone usually says Black they mean African American

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
                I hear you.

I don't see a problem with someone who's Irish, Italian, etc. being supportive of someone of the same ethnicity. These are legitimate cultures and there's nothing wrong with that. However, white is not an ethnicity.
                Neither is black.

When you break it down it's really just a social position of power and privilege afforded to those with the same complexion. Blacks have always been at the receiving end of racism by design and therefore by being supportive of someone because their black is about sticking together to rise up in the face of oppression.
                Kelly Pavlik the white American (who is a mix of white ethnicities) was oppressing Edison Miranda the black Columbian.

That's why there's a difference between supporting someone because they're Black and supporting someone because they're White. The latter has generally has no purpose other then maintaining or expanding white domination. Don't get it twisted, though, I'm not saying you can't support someone who's White, I'm saying I disagree with supporting them because they're White.
                Rooting for white fighters is now a form of oppression against blacks! Someone call the NAACP!

It would be like there being two candidates, one female and one male. Because of the history of sexism it's understandable for a women to want to see another women suceed. Now, would you say that's sexism, or a REACTION to sexism? Compare this to a male supporting another male to defeat a female candidate because in part due to gender. What would the purpose be other than to perpetuate a status quo and suppress women in the political realm?
                I support whoever represents my interests better. I'd much rather have a black person in power that did what I wanted rather than some white guy who didn't. That's why blacks vote 90% democrat even if republicans run a black candidate against a white democrat.

Comment

Mayweather with all his millions has no power but I do. Got it.

Comment

personally im more of a nationalistic person, i like to get behind american born fighters because i myself am american. however when mayweather said what he said, there shouldnt have been an issue and i knew some of these ******* would cry racism. basically you have people from all these other countries, or american born indviduals throwing their support behind someone who comes from their great great grandmothers country as opposed to someone from the united states.

essentially you have filipino americans, or mexican americans being proud to represent their fighters from their respective countries, and i have no issue with this. but a black man saying he supports another black american fighter, some of these people raising an issue and claiming mayweather is racist etc, that was just stupid.

mayweather is alot of things and in many instances, alot of DUMB things, but him supporting shane because hes a black american wasnt one of them.

Comment

Off the subject but we saw who Kelly Pavlik was quick to support, he chose to support Hilary Clinton, never in his right mind would Arum or Pavlik had supported a black man for president eventhought the majority of the country did so does that make him a racist heck no, I like Pavlik style just not on pay per view, and we all know we pay for Mayweathers Pay per view just to see if someone will do the impossible and knock his block off. I maybe black but I hoped Gatti beat his ass but I knew it wasn't going to happen
                      I don't know who Pavlik voted for in November 2008 but Arum the Jew probably voted for Obama just like 82% of all Jews did. It wouldn't surprise me if Pavlik did vote for Obama. If he was crazy enough to campaign for that witch Hillary he'd probably vote for Obama as well.

edit: In Kelly's defense I will say that he lives in a heavily democrat area so he probably doesn't want to piss off his local fan base by supporting a republican.
                      Last edited by Munchies; 03-25-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X