Footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
    Ever thought about taking up dancing?

Seriously. I've been swing dancing since junior high. It really does help. I can Lindy, Balboa, Shag, & Jitterbug. My wheels are pretty good; coordinated, at least. My coach and trainers were quick to point out that I have an intuitive knowledge of how my feet and body work together; applying it to boxing was pretty simple once I realized how it was supposed to feel.

I would imagine a tap dancer or even a male ballet danser could make one hell of a boxer. Have you ever seen the muscles on a male ballet danser?
    Dancing is an excellent way to teach your feet to move keep balance and complete upper body movements as well. = better boxer. Take Fraidy's advice it could help a lot. Nice post Fraidy

Comment

potatoes is right,of coarse anyone can learn how to move their feet etc. but ADAPTING to something doesnt mean you have the potential to be great at it.Tyson and Ali had potential and they lived up to it,my cousins a dancer and im not going to say "hey you would make a world champion because your good with your feet".Yeah right,you can only train so much...

Comment

I never said he could be a world champion. But Potatoes' consistent reinforcement of the idea that "If you don't come out of your crib moving like Ali you'll never amount to anything as a fighter," is *****-loser-keyboard-warrior bull**** and I'm ****in' sick of hearing it.

Ahem.

Comment

Of coarse it will help but what im saying is if you dont have the talent to be a good boxer then you will never be a good boxer.and taking a few dance lessons wont change that

Comment

I just don't believe that. Boxing is a skill. Being a champion boxer takes inborn talent, but let's be realistic. He's talking about learning to box, not dominating the world. Learning to fight well enough to step into the ring, and gaining the confidence and self-awareness that comes from conditioning your body and mind for battle, is something anyone with enough guts and heart can do.
            Last edited by fraidycat; 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I dont think anyone can do it,look at the chumps who are put against people like amir kahn etc. when promoters want to plug their fighters.Those guys dont do boxing as a hobby,they are fit,they work hard,some have over 60 fights and good technique,but nine times out of ten they are knocked out in the first round.why?Because they have zero talent

Comment

Originally posted by Dockers_ABC View Post
                I dont think anyone can do it,look at the chumps who are put against people like amir kahn etc. when promoters want to plug their fighters.Those guys dont do boxing as a hobby,they are fit,they work hard,some have over 60 fights and good technique,but nine times out of ten they are knocked out in the first round.why?Because they have zero talent
                Put one of those guys up against me, and watch me get walked around the ring. Does that mean I have no talent? No; it means I've only been doing this for a year and I started late. **** talent. This isn't Juilliard; it's hand-to-hand combat in a sweaty gym. I'm not saying you don't have to work hard; I'm saying just the opposite: that hard work goes a long, long way. Longer than a lot of people ever realize, I bet, because God only knows how many people get discouraged and quit after some ******* tells them they have "no talent." For ****'s sake, you can still box and get good enough to enjoy it, even if you never have the "talent" to become that one-in-a-million boxer who kicks the world's ass and becomes a multi-millionaire. I say, quit worrying about intangibles like "talent." If you sweat enough and bleed enough, you'll eventually get the hang of the game. Without "talent," you'll have a tough road, but tough roads make better men.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
                  Oh no I smell some more Potatoes B.S. And a good size load of it to.
                  Coordination between the hands feet or any other part of the body is a skill. Not a genetic gift. Skills are leaned and mastered through repetition. (practice) Sucess is directly related to effort. If you want to you could teach yourelf to move maybe not exactly like Ali, but in that catagory. The problem is believing and putting forth the effort. Talent applys to how quickly you can pick it up and how rivoted it is to your fight game.

Can you get nothing right Potatoes?

Gee, I guess I'm wrong again! Gosh, I wish I knew as much as all nerdy-bodys who never went anywhere near a boxing club in your pathetic little lives.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                    Gee, I guess I'm wrong again! Gosh, I wish I knew as much as all nerdy-bodys who never went anywhere near a boxing club in your pathetic little lives.
                    I train till I bleed. Check the avy and count the bruises.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                      Potatoes I am really pulling for you to get somthing right. Today just wasn't your day. With that statement ^^^^
                      Maybe tomorrow buddy. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X