• Show
Clear All

Tyson gets his own group of quotes.

Comment

"JOHHHNY YOU GOT FIGHT THIS GUY!"

"BULL****!"

"****IN JERKOFF"

"I'LL SUE YOU FOR EVERY ****ING THING YOU GOT YOU ****ING COCKSUCKER!"

Just a few quotes from the immortal Norman Stone.

Comment

de bes in de wol! : tito trinidad

Comment

I like Tyson's Bolivian quote.

Comment

I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore. Unless you want to, you know.

I feel like sometimes that I was born, that I'm not meant for this society because everyone here is a f**king hypocrite. Everybody says they believe in God but they don't do God's work. Everybody counteracts what God is really about. If Jesus was here, do you think Jesus would show me any love? Do you think Jesus would love me? I'm a Muslim, but do you think Jesus would love me ... I think Jesus would have a drink with me and discuss ... why you acting like that? Now, he would be cool. He would talk to me. No Christian ever did that and said in the name of Jesus even ... They'd throw me in jail and write bad articles about me and then go to church on Sunday and say Jesus is a wonderful man and he's coming back to save us. But they don't understand that when he comes back, that these crazy greedy capitalistic men are gonna kill him again.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched.
            ______

Not sure who said this one but ''If you aint cheatin you aint tryin''
            _____

Comment

Randall Tex Cobb Quotes

"If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass."

(When informed that Howard Cosell quit boxing after his fight with Larry Holmes) "My gift to boxing."

When asked about how he was going to fight Holmes by Howard Cosell "Well Howie, I think I'm going to stay outside and outjab him"

(Asked about a possible rematch against Larry Holmes) "I dont think his hands can take the abuse"

Asked about fighting Holmes again "Only if it's held in a phone booth"

"Larry Holmes doesn't hit as hard as Earnie Shavers. Nobody hits like Shavers. If anybody hit harder than Shavers, I'd shoot him."

"Larry Holmes didn't beat me he just won the first 15 rounds"

Mills Lane stopped the action to ask Cobb if he was okay in a fight in Reno. When Cobb replied that he was, Lane asked him, "Do you know where you are?" Cobb replied, "I am in Reno, getting the **** kicked out of me."

Versus Larry Holmes, the action was stopped so the ref could check on Cobb. He asked him, "Do you see me?" Cobb replies, "Yeah. You're white. It's the black guy I'm worried about."

"Earnie Shavers could punch you in the neck and break your ankle".

When Cobb heard what Cosell had said during the Holmes fight "I'll go another 15 rounds with Holmes if Howard will quit announcing football!"

"I stuck to my game plan -- stumbling forward and getting hit in the face."

"They called me a fat, cowardly, cocaine-snorting, fight-fixing
              cheat," Who they calling fat!"

(When asked about continuing his career) "Better than getting a real job, right!"

"I was only knocked out once, by a Mexican bantamweight, you wanna know how come? Six of my pals were swinging him 'round by his heels at the time.."

"I'll do anything to keep from working for a living, if I've gotta fight a circus bear, then let's get the drawers on him and get it on!!"

When tex cobb was on Johnny Carson soon after the Holmes fight, Carson commented on how Holmes kept landing his jab on Cobb. Cobb said "you noticed that too?"

During the referee's instructions prior to his bout with Shavers, the ref asked the customary "Any questions"? Cobb replied "Can I bite him"?

"Sure, I'd love to fight him. But I have my price, twenty-five cents and a loose woman." On if he'd like to fight Gerry Cooney.

"You run for 45 minutes, you train for an hour and a half, and the rest of the time you just hang out and talk tough." On the typical day of a pro boxer.

"This fight will be the nastiest thing you'll ever see. I've been sober for six weeks, and that makes me vicious." On his upcoming fight with Michael Dokes.

In 1980 or so, there was a big dinner honouring heavyweights of the past and present. Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier and Larry Holmes were all there. So were Renaldo Snipes and Tex Cobb. In his usual fashion, Tex Cobb got up to give a toast. He said, "I'm honoured to be in the same room as some of the baddest nig-ers ever." Renaldo Snipes stood up, and said, "I'm not going to stand here and let you call me a nig-er!" Cobb said, "Relax. I wasn't talking about you."
              Last edited by Thread Stealer; 06-30-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

LMFAO!!! That "I BROKE MY BACK" GETS ME EVERYTIME!!!!
                Its after he says it, theres a long pause...and they just stare at eachother, one thinking "what the **** you wldnt be fighting if that happened" the other guy thinking "He better not fk wiv me" looooooool

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  Tyson gets his own group of quotes.

end of thread

Comment

duran

“I am not an animal in my personal life. But in the ring there is an animal inside me. Sometimes it roars when the first bell rings. Sometimes it springs out later in a fight. But I can always feel it there, driving me and pushing me forward. It is what makes me win. It makes me enjoy fighting.”

“I'm not God - but I am something similar.”

An airline pilot discovered the prickly side of Duran’s nature when he asked him how he thought he would fare against Sugar Ray Leonard. “I’ll kill Leonard,” Duran replied, “and if you don’t stop bugging me, I’ll kill you.”

After battering Ray Lampkin in a lightweight title defence and sending him to hospital, Duran allegedly barked, “Next time I’ll put him in the morgue.” The social graces were never among Roberto’s greatest attributes.

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxin...y/MC_Duran.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                      Randall Tex Cobb Quotes

"If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass."

(When informed that Howard Cosell quit boxing after his fight with Larry Holmes) "My gift to boxing."

When asked about how he was going to fight Holmes by Howard Cosell "Well Howie, I think I'm going to stay outside and outjab him"

(Asked about a possible rematch against Larry Holmes) "I dont think his hands can take the abuse"

Asked about fighting Holmes again "Only if it's held in a phone booth"

"Larry Holmes doesn't hit as hard as Earnie Shavers. Nobody hits like Shavers. If anybody hit harder than Shavers, I'd shoot him."

"Larry Holmes didn't beat me he just won the first 15 rounds"

Mills Lane stopped the action to ask Cobb if he was okay in a fight in Reno. When Cobb replied that he was, Lane asked him, "Do you know where you are?" Cobb replied, "I am in Reno, getting the **** kicked out of me."

Versus Larry Holmes, the action was stopped so the ref could check on Cobb. He asked him, "Do you see me?" Cobb replies, "Yeah. You're white. It's the black guy I'm worried about."

"Earnie Shavers could punch you in the neck and break your ankle".

When Cobb heard what Cosell had said during the Holmes fight "I'll go another 15 rounds with Holmes if Howard will quit announcing football!"

"I stuck to my game plan -- stumbling forward and getting hit in the face."

"They called me a fat, cowardly, cocaine-snorting, fight-fixing
                      cheat," Who they calling fat!"

(When asked about continuing his career) "Better than getting a real job, right!"

"I was only knocked out once, by a Mexican bantamweight, you wanna know how come? Six of my pals were swinging him 'round by his heels at the time.."

"I'll do anything to keep from working for a living, if I've gotta fight a circus bear, then let's get the drawers on him and get it on!!"

When tex cobb was on Johnny Carson soon after the Holmes fight, Carson commented on how Holmes kept landing his jab on Cobb. Cobb said "you noticed that too?"

During the referee's instructions prior to his bout with Shavers, the ref asked the customary "Any questions"? Cobb replied "Can I bite him"?

"Sure, I'd love to fight him. But I have my price, twenty-five cents and a loose woman." On if he'd like to fight Gerry Cooney.

"You run for 45 minutes, you train for an hour and a half, and the rest of the time you just hang out and talk tough." On the typical day of a pro boxer.

"This fight will be the nastiest thing you'll ever see. I've been sober for six weeks, and that makes me vicious." On his upcoming fight with Michael Dokes.

In 1980 or so, there was a big dinner honouring heavyweights of the past and present. Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier and Larry Holmes were all there. So were Renaldo Snipes and Tex Cobb. In his usual fashion, Tex Cobb got up to give a toast. He said, "I'm honoured to be in the same room as some of the baddest nig-ers ever." Renaldo Snipes stood up, and said, "I'm not going to stand here and let you call me a nig-er!" Cobb said, "Relax. I wasn't talking about you."

Comment

Working...
                      X