No announcement yet.

This is why you can never judge strength by appearance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why you can never judge strength by appearance

This guy is 154 lbs and you would never think he can bench press 4 plates plus clean by looking at him...but watch him do it.

Last edited by jaded; 12-15-2017, 06:08 PM.

Juiced to the gills.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Juiced to the gills.
      I doubt it...but if so then there's the argument for not being able to tell when somebody IS by appearance... because at 154lbs he hardly looks at all like a roid monkey. There is nothing remarkable about his appearance whatsoever.

Comment

I had heard once that Mike Tyson at age 13 or so could bench 250lbs 10 times.

Comment

Strength is such an unusual thing. Even when I was bodybuilding and 225lbs with a huge chest, my bench was always low. But, my back was strong as hell and I would do 400lb rows for reps. But, my back was never big.

Comment

Damn I could barely do 225 with form that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Strength is such an unusual thing. Even when I was bodybuilding and 225lbs with a huge chest, my bench was always low. But, my back was strong as hell and I would do 400lb rows for reps. But, my back was never big.
              Damn man rowwing 400 is legit. Strength is weird I don't have a big chest at all and I can bench 270. Strength Is kind of weird, I notice I'm naturally stronger in certain muscles compared to others

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                Damn man rowwing 400 is legit. Strength is weird I don't have a big chest at all and I can bench 270. Strength Is kind of weird, I notice I'm naturally stronger in certain muscles compared to others
                Yea, same. When I was doing jiu jitsu I was kinda skinny and when I rolled with someone for the first time I'd often hear, "Damn, you're stronger than I expected."
                But, that was just when working off my back and using back, biceps. Anything pushing (like standing judo stuff) I was weaker in.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  I doubt it...but if so then there's the argument for not being able to tell when somebody IS by appearance... because at 154lbs he hardly looks at all like a roid monkey. There is nothing remarkable about his appearance whatsoever.
                  There are steroids you can take that have very low side effects, and not much mass gain. There's halotestin, winstrol, anavar, ostarine, and others. Alone, and in combination with HGH, you could get massive strength gains without a serious weight and mass gain. I'm not sure if he's juiced since I'm not him, but I think it's impressive regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                    There are steroids you can take that have very low side effects, and not much mass gain. There's halotestin, winstrol, anavar, ostarine, and others. Alone, and in combination with HGH, you could get massive strength gains without a serious weight and mass gain. I'm not sure if he's juiced since I'm not him, but I think it's impressive regardless.
                    He may being using a little bit of something...that wouldn't surprise me. But my post was in regards to the "Juiced to the gills" comment which is what bodybuilders do and look like they do.

BTW...HGH makes muscles and everything else grow...but it's not really known to increase strength very much regardless.

Compared with the placebo group, those taking HGH saw their sprint capacity improve by almost 4 percent; those taking HGH plus testosterone had an 8 percent improvement. The HGH-only group, however, saw no gains in muscle strength.

https://www.menshealth.com/health/truth-about-hgh

It appears that strength gains relate to the HGH & testosterone have more to do with testosterone because the HGH alone group had no strength gains.
                    Last edited by jaded; 12-18-2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X