Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Easter-Fortuna Added to Spence-Peterson Card 1/20 at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    really? remember when pbc fanboys complained when loma fought jason sosa? the guy that just blasted out fortuna. maybe its strange to see the same people who criticized that fight now saying this is a solid fight. maybe pbc fans just have low standards for their fighters and higher standards for everyone else i cant explain it
    Well, I can understand your point of view. However, to say that Sosa just blasted out Fortuna is not exactly accurate since that was 5 fights ago for Fortuna and Fortuna was actually winning that fight when it was stopped. And it's not like Sosa put him to sleep neither. In my opinion Fortuna tired out in that fight and lost. And I would even go as far as to bet on Fortuna if they had a rematch.
    With that being said, the only thing I really dislike about Fortuna is his wilderness and poor defense. I feel like he has gotten away with a lot because of pure athleticism and that will eventually catch up to him as he ages. But the truth is the guy comes to fight so it's always nice to see a scrap where he is involved.

Comment

Decent scrap, but a big let-down for Easter Jr.! Time to move to 140! Keep chasing Mikey!

Comment

more pbc garbage. the whole card is garbage. fortuna was knocked out by a 130 fighter and is terrible. waste pf time

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          They're complaining about Garcia vs. Lipnets too so I can't say it's race. It's because it's PBC. Well Haymon is black so race does have something to do with it. This is a good undercard fight. And would be a main event on HBO judging by the fights they've put on as main events this year.
          Well, I can see why they complain about that. Lipinets will get eaten by Mikey. He holds a title but he is no where near Mikey's level. Lipinets can't get by Broner let alone Mikey Garcia.

Fortuna vs. Easter Jr. on the other hand, now that's a FIGHT. Not only are they both good fighters, both have power and both are aggressive and somewhat evenly matched.

Comment

really? remember when pbc fanboys complained when loma fought jason sosa? the guy that just blasted out fortuna. maybe its strange to see the same people who criticized that fight now saying this is a solid fight. maybe pbc fans just have low standards for their fighters and higher standards for everyone else i cant explain it
            Well, everyone here knows Fortuna is a better fighter than Jason Sosa(at least I hope so), much more skilled. Sosa beat Fortuna because Fortuna gets careless when he feels he's better and leaves himself open and got clipped, he was up on the scorecards late in the fight. That's like saying Antonio Demarco vs. Lomachenko is a better fight than Jorge Linares vs. Lomachenko. (Linares is a Golden Boy fighter btw)

Deep down you know this though, you strike me as a PBC hater for some reason just for mentioning "pbc fanboys" that's not even what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with who is hosting the fights or who promotes/manages the fighters. It's about the fighters themselves and how they are being matched up.

Unless you are trying to telling me that Fortuna vs. Loma isn't a better/more interesting fight than Sosa vs. Loma?

I'd much rather see Robert Easter Jr vs. Fortuna rather than Robert Easter Jr vs. Jason Sosa. I don't feel the need to explain myself on that one. If you can't comprehend what I'm trying to say I mustn't say anything else.

Also - I'd like to see a guy who is as skilled as Lomachenko actually challenge himself, I favor him against every single fighter I just brought up, he would beat all of them. He's way more skilled than all of them imo. He should be fighting the ELITE. Not just "the best in his division" - with skills like that he should be chasing the elites ABOVE his weight class - not the midgets under it. The elites happen to all be above his weight class, and that's nobody's fault that's simply a fact. He should be striving to fight them.

Same applied to Mayweather (elite skills like Lomachenko) who was actually a 140lber fighting the top 147 guys and a couple of guys at 154. He weighed in at 150 against De La Hoya in 2007 and didn't go up a single pound on fight night. There's guys at 140 that go up to 155 on fight night. Just wanted to put that into perspective.
            Last edited by lolpz; 12-15-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              It's honestly pathetic what they do. Not to bring the race card but I swear it's cause they're black...(the fighter) lol, like it's ridiculous.

I NEVER thought I'd see the day NSB complains about a fight like Robert Easter Jr. vs Javier Fortuna. Literally mindblowing ****.
              It's not because they're black lol. Didn't Loma get no credit for making Jason Sosa quit? At 130? Because Jason Sosa, they said ON THIS FORUM, is a bum? Well guess what, Jason Sosa knocked out Javier Fortuna. Now the supposed "champ" Robert Easter is not only fighting Fortuna, but he's fighting him at 135.

So a natural 130 pounder, Sosa, knocks out Fortuna, and Sosa is a bum. But somehow Fortuna is now a legit opponent for the "champ" a whole weight class higher?

It has nothing to do with race. It's just that Robert Easter is a boring, limited fighter, who is a 6'0 tall weight bully fighting at 135 when he should be fighting at 140, but even at 135 against way smaller guys he still can't dominate because he's not very good. So already, who really wants to see this guy on a televised card? But at least we were promised Mikey vs Easter, which at least would have given the belt to a legit guy, Mikey, and moved the division forward.

But instead, now we have a natural 140 pounder, Easter, fighting someone who was knocked out by, according to THIS FORUM that you think is racist against BLACKS (when in reality it's the opposite), a white "bum" at 130.

140 pounder vs knockout victim by 130 pound "bum"... how do you defend that? Easter vs Figueroa at 140 would have been decent, something like that. Easter vs Granados at 140. Easter vs Prograis. Or even better, Easter vs no one, because he is a paper titlist who may have even won the belt by robbery, I forget, against another no name guy at 135. He hasn't even beaten a B+ level fighter to win the belt, and now he's already cherry picking. It's just a bad look. Due to the fact Easter is average, it could be an entertaining fight vs Fortuna, sure, but it's just not a high level matchup. A paper titlist weight bully who only has a belt because he's with Al Haymon vs someone who got KO'd at 130. That's the issue, not race.

Comment

Sosa didn't "blast out" Fortuna. Sosa was losing badly but landing a lucky big punch in the 11th out of the blue.

Loma's win over Sosa isn't that much to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  It's not because they're black lol. Didn't Loma get no credit for making Jason Sosa quit? At 130? Because Jason Sosa, they said ON THIS FORUM, is a bum? Well guess what, Jason Sosa knocked out Javier Fortuna. Now the supposed "champ" Robert Easter is not only fighting Fortuna, but he's fighting him at 135.

So a natural 130 pounder, Sosa, knocks out Fortuna, and Sosa is a bum. But somehow Fortuna is now a legit opponent for the "champ" a whole weight class higher?

It has nothing to do with race. It's just that Robert Easter is a boring, limited fighter, who is a 6'0 tall weight bully fighting at 135 when he should be fighting at 140, but even at 135 against way smaller guys he still can't dominate because he's not very good. So already, who really wants to see this guy on a televised card? But at least we were promised Mikey vs Easter, which at least would have given the belt to a legit guy, Mikey, and moved the division forward.

But instead, now we have a natural 140 pounder, Easter, fighting someone who was knocked out by, according to THIS FORUM that you think is racist against BLACKS (when in reality it's the opposite), a white "bum" at 130.

140 pounder vs knockout victim by 130 pound "bum"... how do you defend that? Easter vs Figueroa at 140 would have been decent, something like that. Easter vs Granados at 140. Easter vs Prograis. Or even better, Easter vs no one, because he is a paper titlist who may have even won the belt by robbery, I forget, against another no name guy at 135. He hasn't even beaten a B+ level fighter to win the belt, and now he's already cherry picking. It's just a bad look. Due to the fact Easter is average, it could be an entertaining fight vs Fortuna, sure, but it's just not a high level matchup. A paper titlist weight bully who only has a belt because he's with Al Haymon vs someone who got KO'd at 130. That's the issue, not race.
                  ??? The guy won a legit title at 135 and holds a title at 135. What are you talking about 140 for? LMAO wtf did I just read.

Fortuna vs. Easter Jr is a good scrap because it is competitive. Fortuna was beating the **** out of Sosa and then got caught. Fortuna is better than Sosa skill-wise. That's why a p4p #1 ATG skilled guy in Loma facing Sosa is a joke, he can't hang with him. Loma vs Fortuna would've been a better fight. (Loma still would win cuz of his amazing skills, I'm saying match up wise)

Easter Jr was a prospect a couple fights ago, fought his heart out against a good fighter in a close competitive fight (which is what I like to see, not a one sided beat down) in Richard Commey and won the IBF strap at 135. He is fairly green still and an unproven fighter. He's only 19 fights in and he's being matched pretty tough. He doesn't have anywhere NEAR the amateur pedigree of Loma, not even the amateur pedigree of Fortuna (do your homework before you talk) and Fortuna is a very skilled offensive fighter who matches up well against Easter to make a good fight. All we want are good scraps with evenly matched fighters. John Molina Jr. vs Ruslan Provodnikov was a great fight, even though they both weren't that great as fighters. Those kind of match-ups is what we like to see. Competitive.

LMAO I'm still laughing at what you said earlier about Easter Jr. Why would he move up to 140 when he holds a title at 135 and still has a way to go in his career/and within his division? No **** he's limited, hes still learning and growing as a fighter. Like it's his fault he can make 135 or something....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                    Not a horrible fight. I don't consider Easter some elite-level guy. To be honest, Fortuna has fought more guys that I'm familiar with. The only guys I know on Easter's record are Shafikov, Argenis Mendes, and Daniel Attah. Fortuna has Jason Sosa, Bryan Vasquez, Abner Cotto, Francisco Lorenzo x2, Cristobal Cruz, Micky Roman. It sounds like a decent undercard fight that might have some good action. No complaints here.
                    I have Fortuna winning

Comment

Working...
                    X