No announcement yet.

2 university professors says civility in classroom promotes white racial power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Morons like SunSpace and those professors are the reasons why aliens don't reveal themselves to us and share their technology. I don't mind seeing a news of them about getting beat up. Those clowns deserve getting their ass beat.
    Do you think it's because they saw what happened to me and others, and want to be spared from that same fate? #MeToo

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      How can some of you take Bygeorge's thread titles seriously?
      lol yeah, I was even having a go at the ridiculousness of the situation based on the title.

Then after reading it I'm like, oh they aren't saying what I was under the impression they were saying at all.

I'm not saying whether they are right or wrong, just clarifying that they are not saying that acting civilized promotes white supremacy. (Which the thread title suggests)
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-15-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        How can some of you take Bygeorge's thread titles seriously?

The article comes from Campus Reform, a notoriously conservative website that focuses on "liberal bias" and restrictions on free speech on American college campuses. The author of this article is some random student with a severe conservative/anti liberal bias. The abstract of the study, included in the report is below.

In this study, the authors draw upon critical whiteness studies to explore how White students' understanding of race-talk within higher education (re)produces whiteness. Through an analysis of interview data, they generated 3 categories describing whiteness-informed civility (WIC): (a) WIC functions to create a good White identity, (b) WIC functions to erase racial identity, and (c) WIC functions to assert control of space. These thematic concepts show how WIC is characterized by logics of race-evasion, avoidance of race-talk, and exclusion of people of color. The authors conclude by offering ways for instructors to interrogate WIC through classroom practices informed by critical communication pedagogy.

Leftist college campuses stifling free speech and promoting illiberal ideas is a real phenomenon.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          lol yeah, I was even having a go at the ridiculousness of the situation based on the title.

Then after reading it I'm like, oh they aren't saying what I was under the impression they were saying at all.

I'm not saying whether they are right or wrong, just clarifying they are not saying that acting civilized promotes white supremacy. (Which the thread title suggests)
          Bygeorge does this daily. He posts things from anti liberal sites and gives them a click bait title. Then when you read the article ( he is smart enough to know that very few that also have an anti liberal bias will not actually read it) it is nothing like what he titled the thread.

The last article he did this with the story about the Oberlin bakery incident and a lawsuit related to it.

I am always surprised when I see responses from posters that I respect after I read the actual article. it's clear that they go with the title and whatever biased report Bygeorge prints out, rarely if ever do they go in and read the actual study the article is about.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Leftist college campuses stifling free speech and promoting illiberal ideas is a real phenomenon.
            BG, you are a level headed guy, so please don't play yourself. yes, college campuses promoting illiberal ideas is a real phenomenon. That doesn't make every article on the subject real.

What is fake is when a website with a clear anti liberal bias (you can read this in the About tab on the webpage) publishes an article from someone that isn't a journalist and then touts that article as factual. when you read the study the article is based on, you find out that the interpretation of the writer is click bait and not at all what the title suggests.

This is definitely an issue to discuss, but we can't honestly discuss it if people don't read the actual study, just an anti liberal interpretation of it.

Comment

Update: I left my house and went to a store with HitGirl. Unbeknownst to me, HitGirl tells me later on that a Black, cashier lady checked me out. Does this mean 'The Sunken Place' doesn't have all of us? Is there still hope?

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                Update: I left my house and went to a store with HitGirl. Unbeknownst to me, HitGirl tells me later on that a Black, cashier lady checked me out. Does this mean 'The Sunken Place' doesn't have all of us? Is there still hope?
                Probably wondering what the smell was

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Probably wondering what the smell was
                  Speaking of which! Someone farted in one of the aisles, and all the old people (the population you mostly see at stores nowadays) scattered LOL. Now that I think of it, the worker ladies stocking the other aisles also exhibited behavior that could be in response to my appearance. Superficial? Sure...hmm...I guess it's not much to talk about. The Sunken Place is bad, but so is superficiality. Why don't they show interest in the 'ugly' guys? A fat guys gf stared at me too. Are we humans evil? I think we just 'are.' No good nor evil.
                  Last edited by SunSpace; 12-17-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                    Speaking of which! Someone farted in one of the aisles, and all the old people (the population you mostly see at stores nowadays) scattered LOL. Now that I think of it, the worker ladies stocking the other aisles also exhibited behavior that could be in response to my appearance. Superficial? Sure...hmm...I guess it's not much to talk about. The Sunken Place is bad, but so is superficiality. Why don't they show interest in the 'ugly' guys? A fat guys gf stared at me too. Are we humans evil? I think we just 'are.' No good nor evil.

How do you dress in public? You don't wear Transformers or Harry Potter shirts in public at your age, right?

Comment

This reminds me of the "championship" debate where the Towson team "beat" the Harvard team by not following anything in Robert's Rules of Order. What a laughable embarrassment that whole virtue signaling debacle was.

Comment

Working...
                      X