Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not gonna lie, I agree with Stephen A. Smith.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta admit though, the Teddy/Smith on air explosions are pretty dam funny.

"There you go, using your college degrees against me!!" - Atlas

I can tell they have fun with it & have some respect for each other.

Comment

It's something I've never seen before. 4 fighters in a row, not significantly hurt, not significantly knocked down or out, they just straight have their will broken. Hit and not get hit at its very highest level. Rigo did fracture his hand though so at least that's explainable

Comment

I agree with everything Smith said. It was also as funny as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
          None of those fighters were being pressured like Rigo. Rigo wanted to fight at his regular, slow pace but he wasn't allowed to. He was being forced to hold, run and defend, ...or fight back. His problem was that he couldn't even be competitive. Pacquiao nailed Mayweather multiple times with good shots and that was a moderately slow paced fight. Nothing like this fight. Rigo knew that he was going to be stopped...., so he decided to stop the fight before he was embarrassed and hurt. He's a bit of a weasel for pulling that, but he would have looked even worse had he been KO'd.

Fighters quit because they're trying to avoid the pressure and the inevitable stoppage.
          Algieri tried to fight on the backfoot but was being pressured by Manny constantly. Lasted 12.

Bradley tried to counter Manny's pressure, didn't work. Lasted 12.

Manny missed 81% of his punches trying to hit Floyd. Lasted 12.

Hamed was made to look like a rookie against Barrera under similar conditions - weight all wrong, different levels. Hamed lasted 12.

Hell, Chocolatito was put on his ass, bloodied and bullied for 12 rounds of the first Rungvisai fight and even he didn't quit.

This is not like Cotto/Martinez where Sergio wanted to keep going out there despite his knee not responding but his corner wouldn't let him.

No, this is even worse than Tyson/Golota in a way. At least with Golota his corner tried to get him to keep going. Here, it was so bad a quit EVERYONE in that corner had to tell the ref like 3 times "No Mas!".

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            It's something I've never seen before. 4 fighters in a row, not significantly hurt, not significantly knocked down or out, they just straight have their will broken.
            Had Valero not done what he done, I'm 100% convinced he would have stopped at least two more guys in a row assuming he didn't fight Manny.

Comment

Working...
            X