Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did loma really do anything special?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to answer your own question he made a world class fighter look average. Loma is probably the new Mayweather who made great fighters look average

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      In his 2nd pro fight...

Bernard Hopkins lost his 1st pro fight to a tomato can. Didn't stop him from becoming one of the greatest fighters of all time.
      Bernard's pedigree isn't the same as Loma's pedigree. Loma was retrofitted to be an Olympian, Bernard Hopkins, for whatever reasons, become a Dominic Wade to then fame.

Rigo's first title win has a lineage of defenders before he got that strap.

Loma was hand gifted a VACANT shot in a weight class he had drained to.. and lost
      Curt Henning

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        rigo is a 2 time olympic gold medalist who some had ranked in their top 5 p4p and freddie roach said was the greatest talent hes ever seen. loma made him quit by round 6 and land less than 3 punches a round....
        Does that make u think something was really wrong with him either physically or mentally

Comment

Originally posted by leathernvouges View Post
          Does that make u think something was really wrong with him either physically or mentally
          just think it shows that he may have elite skills but not the character to be a truly elite fighter. Once things werent going his way he mentally crumbled and wanted to get out of there.

Comment

Loma made an ATG quit on his stool after beating him decisively in every single round. WOW.

I was already aboard the Loma hype train, but after witnessing what I did last night, if he asked me to be his gay lover, I'd say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by leathernvouges View Post
              I didn’t see him beat rigo up, he looked ready to fight and rigo looked old and like he was just desperate for a payday, but nothing really landed that made u say wow. I kinda feel for rigo because it’s like he had to get crucified for a fight but it wasn’t like loma put an a** whooping on him
              Exactly.

The win is blown out of proportion. Even Loma acknowledged Rigo was not in his weight.

Rigo was 37 years old and looked like a midget in the ring. I wasn't expecting anything out of him as soon as I sized them in the first round. I got exactly that. Nothing out of him.

The dude's best years were in his prime at his weight and I can't really pick a notable win other than Nonito that had me go, woa, landslide! He's dirty and for the most part boring as f**k.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                And 3 division world champ Alexis Arguello lost his 4th and 5th pro fights and went to become an ATG.
                Henry Armstrong was knocked out in his first fight and started his career 1-3. The rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  And Rigo entered the fight 37, inactive, tiny, and at the tail end of his career. If anything, Rigo's loss is more excusable than Loma's.
                  Loma had nearly no professional boxing experience, prior to fighting Salido. Also, Salido rehydrated to 147, 4 weight divisions above the one they fought at. Salido punched Loma in the nuts, the whole match, and you could still argue that Loma won.

Rigo blew his chance to fight Loma at 126, but I honestly don't think he would've won anyways. In this match, Rigo looked like a one trick pony. If his crouching defense didn't work, he would just hold Loma. Loma figured this out, and started tagging him while he was crouching. The judge took a point from Rigo for holding, putting a dent in his plan b. Loma used his soft fake punches to throw off Rigo's offense. I didn't see Loma impose his size, or their age difference in the way they fought. I saw Loma outsmart and beat Rigo. Rigo would've been outboxed and played with, regardless if he fought Loma at 126 or 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                    Loma had nearly no professional boxing experience, prior to fighting Salido. Also, Salido rehydrated to 147, 4 weight divisions above the one they fought at. Salido punched Loma in the nuts, the whole match, and you could still argue that Loma won.

Excuses, excuses. At the end of the day, Salido beat Loma fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                      Excuses, excuses. At the end of the day, Salido beat Loma fair and square.
                      If you say so. Just don't keep going around making excuses for Rigo, if you don't wanna look stupid. Also, nice job ignoring the rest of my reply.

Loma didn't have to do anything special, because Rigo's style was useless against him.

Comment

Working...
                      X