Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Lomachenko lose to Salido?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shame for me because lomachenko almost ko'd him at the end. Lack of experience of inside fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      What caused him to lose to Salido? Was it because of the fouling, or because of Salido's experience?
      Salido was simply better and yes, it came to oearly for Loma who I did not rate at that time but with his recent wins over Walters and Sosa, as well as Martinez, you can clearly tell he is a proper pro boxer and one of the best around.

He will take Salido apart this time round.

Comment

That fight was way too early for Lomachenko. It was blatant disrespect to Salido. Lomachenko should have been fighting someone Salido about this time.

Comment

He didnt throw enough punches in the pocket. He should have used his speed and exchange with salido

Also salido was smart in letting loma come to him

Loma prefers when you pressure him

Comment

eastern euro style focuses on outside boxing, inside boxing is shunned and they threw him in there with a rough inside fighter and it was too much. inside boxing and body punches are not the in thing over there.

Comment

Salido raped him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Lomachenko turned pro at 27...
                Loma turned pro in 2013, hes 29 now in 2017.Math is not you're strong suit.

Comment

everybody is respecting loma cause he white. Ams brings all styles, just with headgear on. Loma should of been ready for salido, obviously he knew he's style from tapes and what he's camp told him. The loss really dont look good on his record, rigondeaux would of broke salido's face.

Loma should of won pro debut or not but to be fair, he got close and did well in the later rounds.

Ams is real guys, you meet some freakish styles. With loma's am record, he has met a salido.

To answer the OP question, he wasnt good enough on the night, he was not ready, and he should have been. It wasnt bad matchmaking, he just made too many mistakes on the night and just lost. the white boxing master lost. thats what happened.

Comment

Experience. That was his first time seeing a Mexican pressure fighter.

Comment

Salido smashed his balls into jujubes. I admire the tactic, given the ref said nothing. Why not? Who amongst us wouldn't love to foul the hell out of somebody for laughs? I'd like to be like Andy Kaufman and be the innergender boxing champion, hugging b1tches til the ref waved it off, but I'd have to pick my opponents. Some of the female boxers look rougher than a methed out truck driver at a Skynyrd reunion concert.

Comment

Working...
                      X