No announcement yet.

Verify the WBA Rules Again For The Super Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verify the WBA Rules Again For The Super Champion

We all know Floyd wasn'T obligated to fight Thurman or Lara, but is it because the WBA did not acknowledge K2's fight with Brook that the mandated fight with the regular Champion, Jacobs, was more of a penalty? Funny thing is, I don't think either guy wanted this fight!

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    We all know Floyd wasn'T obligated to fight Thurman or Lara, but is it because the WBA did not acknowledge K2's fight with Brook that the mandated fight with the regular Champion, Jacobs, was more of a penalty? Funny thing is, I don't think either guy wanted this fight!
    WBA used to want 3 champs per division. Now they want 1 champ per division. Which is why super champs are being ordered to face world champs quicker than before.

Comment

The WBA is looking to, in essence, phase out the "regular" title, lining up their champions to face each other to note a single WBA champion (with the WBC/WBA/IBF having their mandatory defenses lined up together, the need to tier the belts no longer exists).

Comment

so when did this revision of rules all come into affect? Is it on the website?

Comment

why do you say that? ggg had already offered jacobs career high money before the fight was mandated. sure he would rather fight canelo but hes not ready. did jacobs want this fight...

Comment

so when did this revision of rules all come into affect? Is it on the website?
            http://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-news...2#.WJgrj1MrLDd

The policy towards a single champion remains firm and present, to the point that at the time of my words the rankings show 8 of 17 weight categories with a single champion. The road is not easy, once more, commercial interests always have an effect. So not in an instant, but in the long term, fans will have a reduction in WBA championships.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
              http://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-news...2#.WJgrj1MrLDd

The policy towards a single champion remains firm and present, to the point that at the time of my words the rankings show 8 of 17 weight categories with a single champion. The road is not easy, once more, commercial interests always have an effect. So not in an instant, but in the long term, fans will have a reduction in WBA championships.
              All I remember was WBA industry gossip that the WBA did not want to sanction its involvement with Brook whereas the other councils did.... Then suddenly after Brook or before, I don't remember, but the WBA forced it. So this went into affect during the Brook prep fight. The site lists ''updated.''

Comment

WBA had said all along they would force the GGG/Jacobs fight if Canelo didn't face GGG.

Comment

All I remember was WBA industry gossip that the WBA did not want to sanction its involvement with Brook whereas the other councils did.... Then suddenly after Brook or before, I don't remember, but the WBA forced it. So this went into affect during the Brook prep fight. The site lists ''updated.''
                  In fact was just after the fight. they said they would enforce the purse bid after the fight.

And they didnt santcion the brook fight, as far as I remember

Comment

Working...
                  X