No announcement yet.

Olympic Super Heavyweight Champion Tony Yoka signs with Richard Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Super Heavyweight Champion Tony Yoka signs with Richard Schaefer

He needs to managed VERY carefully, if he is going to do anything in the division...

Charles Martin won a world title...so you never know

Comment

One of the guys Yoka got a gift against in Rio, Hrgovic, is also turning pro soon. I'm more excited about him, he's gonna be a real problem.

I don't think too highly of Yoka, but he's young and definitely has room for improvement

Comment

is this the guy that joe joyce beat up?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          Sure is. I'd be more interested in seeing Joyce or Hrgovic

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            One of the guys Yoka got a gift against in Rio, Hrgovic, is also turning pro soon. I'm more excited about him, he's gonna be a real problem.

I don't think too highly of Yoka, but he's young and definitely has room for improvement
            Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            Yeah, I thought he lost to both Hrgovic and Joyce, though they were close fights. I still think he has a lot of upside though; let's not forget that AJ got some lucky decisions in the amateurs yet became a very popular and formidable pro. Yoka has some pretty silky skills when he lets his hands go. This is a big statement of intent from Schaefer. He's building an awesome stable of prospects
            Last edited by NEETzsche; 01-18-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Big signing... or not. Fat fcuk has probably never seen Yoka fight before. They will have to bring him along very slowly. Carlos Balderas was Schaefer's marquee signing.

Comment

Yoka arguably lost against Filip and Joyce in Rio, he also was lucky that Nistor was robbed before he faced him and his run at the world championships wasn't less controversial.
                But he is good, i think his athleticism can be developed by good trainer into a good fighter, but he seems to me to be 50/50, a flop or a really good fighter, time would tell.

Comment

This is quite the coup for the sleazeball. I'm looking forward to seeing Yoka as a pro.

Comment

He's really talented, im waiting to see how his style is going to translate to the pros. I thought hrgovic beat him too, and im interested to see how hrgovic is going to do in the pros. I think he has a very professional style so he s going to do well. However it would be good for him to work more on his headmovement.

Comment

Working...
                    X