Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does too much testosterone decrease intelligence? In the womb or during puberty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does too much testosterone decrease intelligence? In the womb or during puberty?

Men are more likely to be extremely intelligent, thats partly due to testosterone, but having too much testosterone (or too little) causes lower intelligence too. You need just the right amount for optimal intelligence.

Its very rare to get a very masculine man that is also very intelligent.

My question is when does too much testosterone decrease intelligence is it in the womb only?

I presume during puberty brain development wouldn't be too affected even though young male teens are getting large doses of testosterone?

I presume a fully grown man taking loads of steroids would have a completely unaltered intelligence level since his brain is already fully developed?

(did you know as men large areas of the brain responsible for emotional ability are killed of by testosterone in the womb and thats why women are superior in some ways to men ie in their range of emotions etc)

There is no correlation either way with Test and IQ.....Plenty of people with High and Low Test are smart/dumb....Their is no real correlation

High Test Low IQ
    =Jail

High Test High IQ
    =Donald Trump/Type A Entrepreneur type of person/IVY
    League Frat Boy Type

Low Test Low IQ=??? Maybe a shy quiet introvert who also does terrible in school.

Low Test High IQ
    =Social Inept Introvert Nerd type/Arthur Chu

Most people obviously have average Test and average IQ....

Comment

There is no correlation between glandular secretion of testerone and intelligence. Steroids increase testosterone levels and they don't affect your intelligence (however it could affect your mental state). Abstaining from sex which fighters often do also increases testerone, this makes you more aggressive but does not make you any less intelligent. Basically, there's no complentary evidence for what you're suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        There is no correlation between glandular secretion of testerone and intelligence. Steroids increase testosterone levels and they don't affect your intelligence (however it could affect your mental state). Abstaining from sex which fighters often do also increases testerone, this makes you more aggressive but does not make you any less intelligent. Basically, there's no complentary evidence for what you're suggesting.
        Yep....Most people just assume that very masculine Men are dumb because when they think of very masculine Men they assume "Lockup Raw" type of idiots.....But they are not taken into account High IQ Masculine Men....think Wall Street and many Entrepreneurs.....

That being said it's kind of funny how many of the richest people in America (look at the Forbes 400 list) are nerdy dorky Beta looking guys...Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, The Google Founders, Jeff Bezos from Amazon etc don't strike me or like like masculine guys at all, yet they are all Multi-billionaires....They look like the genius Nerds from your high school who didn't get laid until they were in their mid 20's....

Donald Trump is someone who seems more classically "Alpha" (hate him, but truth is truth)...Kevin O Leary from SharkTank is another example (through he's not a billionaire)...Mark Cuban and Steve Jobs seem Alpha to....
        Last edited by animalfan10; 06-28-2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
          Yep....Most people just assume that very masculine Men are dumb because when they think of very masculine Men they assume "Lockup Raw" type of idiots.....But they are not taken into account High IQ Masculine Men....think Wall Street and many Entrepreneurs.....

That being said it's kind of funny how many of the richest people in America (look at the Forbes 400 list) are nerdy dorky Beta looking guys...Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, The Google Founders, Jeff Bezos from Amazon etc don't strike me or like like masculine guys at all, yet they are all Multi-billionaires....They look like the genius Nerds from your high school who didn't get laid until they were in their mid 20's....

Donald Trump is someone who seems more classically "Alpha" (hate him, but truth is truth)...Kevin O Leary from SharkTank is another example (through he's not a billionaire)...Mark Cuban and Steve Jobs seem Alpha to....
          I read some scientific data suggesting this was the case. I can find it, or just google it.

Comment

Mitt Romney...all testosterone with that All-American look, and a very intelligent man [much smarter than Obama for example]. On his weakest sperm count...the man still couldn't miss and created nothing but sons.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              Men are more likely to be extremely intelligent, thats partly due to testosterone, but having too much testosterone (or too little) causes lower intelligence too. You need just the right amount for optimal intelligence.

My question is when does too much testosterone decrease intelligence is it in the womb only?

I presume during puberty brain development wouldn't be too affected even though young male teens are getting large doses of testosterone?

I presume a fully grown man taking loads of steroids would have a completely unaltered intelligence level since his brain is already fully developed?

(did you know as men large areas of the brain responsible for emotional ability are killed of by testosterone in the womb and thats why women are superior in some ways to men ie in their range of emotions etc)
              where do you think you are ******? Does this look like web md to you?

Comment

Originally posted by One_Bourgeoisie View Post
                Mitt Romney...all testosterone with that All-American look, and a very intelligent man [much smarter than Obama for example]. On his weakest sperm count...the man still couldn't miss and created nothing but sons.
                You really get off on pretending to be more then a minimum wage worker online dont you?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

You must be a freak of nature for lacking both!

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                    where do you think you are ******? Does this look like web md to you?
                    actually there are some bright people on here, (not you) I was surprised at how knowledgeable some of the guys are on here

Comment

Working...
                    X