Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil 'The Power' Taylor- 16 time world champion going on 17 soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Flip a coin! I had MVG at the start but I am really so back and forth on this.

Ando looks the strongest at this stage but I can't count out any of them really.
    MVG & Ando near their best, Barnie and Taylor not but playing solid and finding a way too win. Its a great year.

Barnies bound to fall to bits against Taylor though, he almost always does.
    Yeah don't even remember the last time Barney beat taylor in this tournament. Must have been the 2007 one surely?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      Yeah don't even remember the last time Barney beat taylor in this tournament. Must have been the 2007 one surely?

I think he finally got one earlier in the year when Taylor was messing around with new darts and that.
      I feel its more a mental barrier, it seems he gets in such a good position to win all the time just falls to pieces and can't get over the finishing line.

Anderson seems to fall apart against Taylor a lot too, kind of why I want MVG too win here though its about time Anderson won a big one.

3-1 Ando, what a game. Think MVG can come back? Such a high standard hes having to checkout in 11 and 12 darts to take the leg.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I think he finally got one earlier in the year when Taylor was messing around with new darts and that.
        I feel its more a mental barrier, it seems he gets in such a good position to win all the time just falls to pieces and can't get over the finishing line.

Anderson seems to fall apart against Taylor a lot too, kind of why I want MVG too win here though its about time Anderson won a big one.

3-1 Ando, what a game. Think MVG can come back? Such a high standard hes having to checkout in 11 and 12 darts to take the leg.
        Looks like MVG is hitting another stride now. He can still win this but I feel like he can slip up for a whole set at any moment. He seems to be missing that certain edge he normally has. imo it's Anderson's game to lose.

Comment

107.1 average and trailing 3-2 in sets, incredible.

This match is so good, literally on the edge of my seat.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
            Looks like MVG is hitting another stride now. He can still win this but I feel like he can slip up for a whole set at any moment. He seems to be missing that certain edge he normally has. imo it's Anderson's game to lose.

Yeah you get the feeling one slack visit from either and this game can turn around.

Comment

Wow Anderson literally handed that set to MVG on a platter.

Comment

Hope Barnie wins but can't see it.
                Ando is absolutely bound to crack under pressure against Taylor.

Unbelievable Ando has never won a world title. I hope this is his year, well anybody but Taylor

Comment

Both of my countrymen got smashed, too bad. Oh what the hell, I think either Taylor or Anderson winning the title is fine by me but 17 times would be epic if The Power manages to pull it off.

Comment

Ando's final to lose. He is in far better form and has been throughout but I get a feeling he'll bottle it as usual though he seems to of got rid of his demons.

Not a bad match but it was such an anti climax from the fast paced thriller we got from Ando vs MVG

Rooting for Ando he deserves it. Its long overdue.

Comment

Moment of truth tonight, fellas. Dan, who do you got?

I'm going with Taylor, but I would not be surprised if Anderson edges it. If he's as accurate from double 20 as he was last night, Phil's in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X