No announcement yet.

Mayweather to Pick Opponent Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter White View Post
    Man, I HOPE this combination works. When was the last time Floyd Jr. had his dad as his trainer? Who did Floyd use when Roger was suspended years ago?
    everyone's favorite guy Leonard Ellerbe

so in all likelihood Floyd trained himself for the Baldomir fight and had Ellerbe around to motivate him

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Did you just start watching the sport? But you still think Pac so yes i guess you did
      Oh my God, my opinion differs to yours...I must be new to the sport, makes such logical sense. Oh mighty one, please tell me why Guerrero is the best welterweight on the planet.

Comment

• Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire

Richard Schaefer says he's in middle of negotiations for @FloydMayweather and @caneloOficial next fights, and best TV platform for each.

sounds like it aint gonna be canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
          Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire

Richard Schaefer says he's in middle of negotiations for @FloydMayweather and @caneloOficial next fights, and best TV platform for each.

sounds like it aint gonna be canelo.
          Not surprising as everyone up until a few months ago was screaming that Alvarez hasn't fought anyone and wanted him to fight a real threat before ever fighting Mayweather (who would be cherry picking if he "picked" Alvarez). Hoya himself even suggested that Alvarez wasn't ready and was just too green and untested. I can't think of what changed in those few months.

IMO, Alvarez should fight Trout because he beat Cotto. However I wanted Alvarez vs Cotto but that was before Cotto lost. For Floyd, as long as it is a top 3 WW/JMW.

If Floyd wasn't as great as he is, The Ghost and him would be a legit WW fight. Due to Floyd being too great, it won't be and people will bash that Floyd is fighting a top 3 WW. I understand how double standards work and Floyd is held to higher standards then any active fighter.

So I suggest you prepare yourself that no matter who Floyd fights, if it is not vs a MW, people are going to cry about it. They always have even when he's fighting Champions, #1, #2, #3 ranked fighters.

However, can anyone name a fighter 154 and below that would actually be the betting favorite to beat Floyd? Would MW Martinez even be the beating favorite? He would be in my books if it was at MW, haven’t put too much thought for 154 as I haven't seen how Martinez looks at that weight. He should take a tune up or should I say a "tune down" at 154.

Comment

• If Cotto was able to beat Trout, i would of wanted a May/Cotto II, but i want Cotto to face Trout again, SOON, so then we can get Winner of that facing Canelo.

Side note, I hate how Boxing's champions are dicatated by how much money they can generate...rather than there resumes and whatnot. I know its the financially logical thing to do, but i hate it.

Comment

• This is the longest week ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
                If Cotto was able to beat Trout, i would of wanted a May/Cotto II, but i want Cotto to face Trout again, SOON, so then we can get Winner of that facing Canelo.

Side note, I hate how Boxing's champions are dicatated by how much money they can generate...rather than there resumes and whatnot. I know its the financially logical thing to do, but i hate it.
                Why would you want to see Trout vs Cotto again? Trout beat him convincingly what would be different the second time?

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  This is the longest week ever
                  Mayweather weeks don't last the same amount of time as a normal week. That's why he's always on vacation, that's like 3 months to him.

Comment

• Mayweather should retire.

I'm sick of waiting years at a time, it was old last year.

Comment

• Canelo needs to fight Trout, Kirkland, Lara or Vanes.

Guerrero should continue to push for a fight with Broner like they did earlier in the year or fight the winner of Alexander-Brook.

Martinez should fight Golovkin or Quillin.

Mayweather should leave it alone; I'm sick of him. Count his blessings and ride into the sunset.

Comment

Working...
                      X