No announcement yet.

the universe did not just create its damn self.we have a creator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    What ever happened to just being a decent human being? Is that notion something to be thrown in the garbage in the 21st century?

Or are you advocating that people only be moral/decent human beings if they are rewarded in the end for it by an invisible father figure by being let through the golden gates in the sky?
    like I said, I view it as a primitive thought.

If everything was meaningless and we came to be here just by accident. What's the point?

Comment

You've single handedly found the limits of human knowledge? Impressive, yet I seriously doubt it. Furthermore, tell me of God's limitless potential and how you came to witness it.
      The further you go in any field ANY field of thought.. you find more and more questions and less and less answers. Everything in human wisdom is a dead end.

The answers God has given me are just that. I can't explain it to you because God speaks to everyone individually in ways only they understand. You're already being turned off by the statement I just made so there's no point explaining it.

All I know is i'm not stupid, and I can't Deny God. He's as real to me as death.

Comment

There is no point. Why does there have to be a "point" in order for you to function like an honorable member of the human race? What, it's only worth doing if you get rewarded by "God"? So if you don't believe in God and there can be no reward we should all just do what? Rape, murder, and consume one another without prejudice?

Comment

There is no point. Why does there have to be a "point" in order for you to function like an honorable member of the human race? What, it's only worth doing if you get rewarded by "God"? So if you don't believe in God and there can be no reward we should all just do what? Rape, murder, and consume one another without prejudice?

God's already rewarded me and he rewards me every day.

We already rape murder and consume each other without prejudice. Just because you don't have the balls to succumb to your primal instincts and cling to false ideologies instead designed to keep you under control doesn't mean others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            The further you go in any field ANY field of thought.. you find more and more questions and less and less answers. Everything in human wisdom is a dead end.

The answers God has given me are just that. I can't explain it to you because God speaks to everyone individually in ways only they understand. You're already being turned off by the statement I just made so there's no point explaining it.

All I know is i'm not stupid, and I can't Deny God. He's as real to me as death.
            Just for future reference - You probably don't want to claim that God speaks to you. Doing so puts you in line with a multitude of crazy/******ed humans throughout history from George W. Bush and Glenn Beck to Pat Robertson and Tim Tebow.

Since you seem unwilling to discuss your knowledge of God with me I'm going to take this opportunity to hop ship to look for a more entertaining/engaging thread.

Besides, arguing science with religious people is a bit like trying to play 'Jenga' with Michael J. Fox.

Comment

God created science

I'm try to be as versed in science as I am in theology.

We're both human beings. I'm not saying you're completely wrong and i'm not saying i'm completely right. We're both the same.

but what you are wrong in is your claim that you have to be a fool to believe in God.

And in regards to your concern over what people think of me: refer yourself to the quote in my sig.

Comment

Being good outta fear of punishment or for anticipation for reward is not really morality.

****ing pets do that.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                  Being good outta fear of punishment or for anticipation for reward is not really morality.

****ing pets do that.
                  very idealistic of you :P

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    very idealistic of you :P
                    Its true.

Choosing to be good as opposed to being forced to be good is much more honorable.

It also proves that people naturally have the ability to be moral without religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                      Thank you for your opinion Dr. Bringer, but the concept of Intelligent Design makes a lot more sense than a chaos theory.

Where impossible scenarios and impossible events exponentially compounded upon each other to bring the percieved reality we view today.

Nobody can explain it. Maybe it was designed that way.
                      To be fair, the concept of intelligent design is nothing more than a 'god of the gaps' theory.

"Hey look at this, it's so complex! No way this happened randomly, must be god!"

I fail to see how this proves anything.

Of course, the entire argument of gods existence is futile. Gods existence can be eschatologically verificatied but never falsified. It all comes down to faith, do you believe or do you not? There is no answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X