Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Synthetic Testosterone actually do for you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Synthetic Testosterone actually do for you?

What gains is a boxer likely to get using Synthetic Testosterone? I don't know enough on the subject to get an inkling on how significant an advantage a fighter will get using Synthetic Testosterone .
    I can see Human Growth Hormone is going to have a big effect,I know that a lot of body builders use potent steroids.With both of these you will get big gains providing it it supportrd by good nutrition and training. On a scale of 1 to 10 where does Synthetic Testosterone fit in gains wise compared to other PEDs and what advantages is a fighter likely to get from using the drug.
    Last edited by Prince Mongo; 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM.

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
    What gains is a boxer likely to get using Synthetic Testosterone? I don't know enough on the subject to get an inkling on how significant an advantage a fighter will get using Synthetic Testosterone .
    I can see Human Growth Hormone is going to have a big effect,I know that a lot of body builders use potent steroids.With both of these you will get big gains providing it it supportrd by good nutrition and training. On a scale of 1 to 10 where does Synthetic Testosterone fit in gains wise compared to other PEDs and what advantages is a fighter likely to get from using the drug.
    The improvements test can provide are extreme. Test is the #1 steroid all around, it's a 10/10 on that scale.

Test users will see their strength go through the roof, their energy and endurance greatly improved thanks to a big increase in the muscles' protein sythesis, that increase also makes muscle fibers larger and faster to repair.

You'd be going into the ring against a guy with strength levels that are unreachable and endurance to throw at whatever volume they like thanks to super-human endurance.

Comment

It helps you lose to Amir Khan less convincingly than you would have if you were clean...

Comment

it wasnt synthetic testosterone. It was derived from soy, and were in pellets. The pellets are slow release, and didnt take effect til after the first fight. After that, his levels were stll low. TRT is not steroids, and only performance enhancing if the levels raise above normal, which they did not. The reporting on this is nonsense, and not fair to Peterson has a legit claim, with substatial evidence. Only reason the fght isnt happening is because they didnt file for an exemption. No competeitve advantage whatsoever. Hell, even Alex Ariza stated as much. I was just chatting ewith him on twitter. This is crazy. He wasnt cheating. I wish people would research ya know

Comment

I spoke with a juicer friend of mine. He told me that the reason an athlete would get the implants is to "normalize" his testosterone levels from steroid use.

When you take roids, your body's natural testo levels swing around. Your body decreases production so that you don't turn into a gorilla. So you need to normalize it either with natural production (take female hormones) or by the artificial method (implants).

He insists that Lamont must have been on something ELSE also, or cycling off something.

I'm not a juicer (it's genetics, baby!)... so please consider the source. This is third party.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
            it wasnt synthetic testosterone. It was derived from soy, and were in pellets. The pellets are slow release, and didnt take effect til after the first fight. After that, his levels were stll low. TRT is not steroids, and only performance enhancing if the levels raise above normal, which they did not. The reporting on this is nonsense, and not fair to Peterson has a legit claim, with substatial evidence. Only reason the fght isnt happening is because they didnt file for an exemption. No competeitve advantage whatsoever. Hell, even Alex Ariza stated as much. I was just chatting ewith him on twitter. This is crazy. He wasnt cheating. I wish people would research ya know
            So why didn't he informed anyone of his illness? They ask you what medication you are on.

Peterson was training from December for a fight in May, does that not sound odd?

Of course there is an advantage, he was complaining of being lathergic, and it helped him train for 5 months solid.

If it is the case he was right to use them, then perhaps everyone who has slightly low T can as well, and perhaps some can buy stuff on the side and use it months before a fight, cycle off it, and if they get caught, they should get a doctors note.

Oh and if a test was positive, just keep quiet about it and say 'Oh I forogt to tell you, I am on these pellets' after sample B fails.

Comment

cheaterson had featherfists

so obviously he wanted power

its disgracefull because i respected him as a man so much- he was such a respectfull person and to find out it was all a lie - sad

i'd like to see an amir khan ortiz fight- would be epic

Comment

I agree 100% his camp dropped the ball. Ridiculous. However, the medical proof is there to believe he wasnt "cheating." All his camp had to do was filefor an exemption. It's pretty sad the lack of professionalism on the part of Team Peterson. Shame really. Even though the evidenc is there, because they didnt do what they were supposed to, here we are. sHAME ON EM

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  I spoke with a juicer friend of mine. He told me that the reason an athlete would get the implants is to "normalize" his testosterone levels from steroid use.

When you take roids, your body's natural testo levels swing around. Your body decreases production so that you don't turn into a gorilla. So you need to normalize it either with natural production (take female hormones) or by the artificial method (implants).

He insists that Lamont must have been on something ELSE also, or cycling off something.

I'm not a juicer (it's genetics, baby!)... so please consider the source. This is third party.

Correct. Your bodies natural test production shuts down completely when your using a high enough dose to exceed the natural limits.

To get them back up you run your PCT of Clomid, Nolva etc... and that will aid you in getting your natural levels back up - or you could use what Lamont was caught with. I would assume at this stage that Lamont was using large amounts of test and had finished his cycle, then was purely using this to bring him back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
                    Question: What is synthetic testosterone?

Answer: This anabolic steroid is a form of testosterone usually produced from soy or yams in factories, not the human body. It can be introduced into the body by injection, with patches, or other means.

Question: What happens to the body when it is introduced?

Answer: Gary Wadler, MD, chairman of the Prohibited List and Methods Committee of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), says this would be a deliberate attempt to increase muscle strength and mass, shorten recovery time from vigorous exercise, and keep muscle tissue from breaking down (catabolism) when pushed to the extreme.

Steroid Abuse

Question: How common is "doping" with anabolic steroids?

Answer: Of every 100,000 samples from athletes analyzed at 24 labs around the world for the International Olympic Committee, 1.6% come up positive -- 65% of those for anabolic steroids.

Question: Does synthetic testosterone kick right in and provide an immediate boost?

Answer: This has doctors puzzled in the Landis case. Apparently, the contender did poorly on one leg of the race, went out to drown his sorrows, and then had a miraculous recovery the next day to win. Wadler says this is not typical of how synthetic testosterone works. "Most effects surface after a few weeks," Hellman says, "not a few hours."

Question: Don't the tests tell the story?

Answer: Remember the 1:1 ratio between naturally occurring testosterone and epitestosterone? Landis apparently came up with a 4:1, or some even say 11:1, ratio in tests done after he won.

According to Hellman, adding synthetic testosterone shuts down the body's manufacture of both the natural products. So the ratio can soar as the synthetic steroid's level rockets past production of the natural epitestosterone. Landis says his test was off because he had been drinking the night before, was dehydrated, and had a lot of testosterone in his body naturally.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...stions-answers

Comment

Working...
                    X