No announcement yet.

James Toney challenges Bernard Hopkins to 200 pound fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney challenges Bernard Hopkins to 200 pound fight

JT: First and foremost, I gotta give props where props is due. Congratulations to Bernard Hopkins. He went in there and beat that young boy's ass. And like you said, I thought if Bernard put another ass whooping on him that they was gonna steal it from him. He beat him the first time in Canada and they stole it from him, so I thought it was going to be the same situation. He left no doubt. Congrats to him; he made history.

PC: You have been telling me about Ismail Sillakh for the longest now. He scored an impressive knockout on the Jones/Lebedev undercard...

JT: (Cutting in) What did I tell you? He can beat Bernard right now. He can beat Chad Dawson right now. Whoever wants to get it can get it with Ismail. He is the real deal.

PC: Bernard says he plans on fighting until he's close to 50. With his style, do you think he could achieve that goal?

JT: I think Bernard can fight for as long as he wants to. I will never tell a man who is winning what he can and what he can't do. I just wish he would have the balls to meet me halfway and then we can see once and for all.

PC: He's hinted at fighting at heavyweight before, but if he only wants to go as high as say cruiserweight, is that something you would attempt?

JT: I'll make 200 pounds for a fight with Bernard. He can come in at 190 or whatever he wants to come in at, but I will make 200 for that fight and whoop his ass with no problem. I know when we made the Ring Magazine cover, it was the fight everyone wanted to see. It ain't too late; we can still make that fight happen. Let's get it on and quit being scared. If he's really old school and will fight anybody, then let's get it on. I understand the money situation and I ain't got a problem with that. Make your money, but then we can make the fight that needs to be made and I guarantee you it won't be like Pacquiao-Mosley either. I can guarantee that. I'm going to make him permanently snag.

PC: Which fighter went out worse in your opinion, Roy Jones or Shane Mosley?

JT: The proper way to go out is how my Godfather, Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns, went out. You go out fighting. If you gonna go out in this sport, go out as a fighter. Every time Tommy got knocked out, what happened? Two months later, he was back in the ring knocking somebody out and wanting to get the mother****er back. He wanted to get Sugar Ray Leonard back and he did. He won that second fight easily.

complete interview.. http://fighthype.com/pages/content10023.html
    Last edited by Fix; 06-02-2011, 03:27 PM.

please make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

please make this happen
      Imagine the weigh in and final press conference. Hopefully Toney would hire a translator.. B/c he drops a lot of gems. Wouldn't want to miss out on them.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Imagine the weigh in and final press conference. Hopefully Toney would hire a translator.. B/c he drops a lot of gems. Wouldn't want to miss out on them.

i can see Bernard tryin to talk **** to Toney and Toney eating him

Comment

Even now I'd still watch this if it ever happened

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            i can see Bernard tryin to talk **** to Toney and Toney eating him
            LOL for real

Comment

Hopkins will whoop Toney even with no weight limit.

Comment

hopkins beats toneys ass at 200.....wins every round

Comment

Pointless fight, Bernard has better things to do, more credible opponents out there. Toney hasn't looked good for quite some time, he's irrelevant. Only good would be the hype, that's it.

Comment

but the lead up to the fight would be hillarious..theyd get into it at every press conferance

Comment

Working...
                    X