Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The performance against Jacobs, may have helped Golovkin.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The performance against Jacobs, may have helped Golovkin.

It sure does seem that he became a more viable opponent overnight. There will be something to the first guy that beats him. They might be lining up for that now.

Having certain vulnerabilities exposed rarely works out well in the long run. If it's an "off-night", I absolutely agree with you. But, I think we saw age and a long suspected weakness to lateral footwork. I don't think either will be to his advantage, even if BJS and Canelo are finally willing to fight him.

As far as just GETTING the fights though, you're correct. No way BJS was going to fight him otherwise. He even said he wanted 2 tune-ups before Golovkin.

Comment

GGG reminds me of Wlad at the end of his reign....

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        GGG reminds me of Wlad at the end of his reign....
        Funny you mention that, it was the first example I thought of. Wlad looked gun-shy against Jennings. What does Fury do? Adopt a herky-jerky movement to play off of Wlad's issue.

Expect every Golovkin opponent from here on out to circle him and disrupt his ability to cut off the ring.
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-26-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Golovkin did it on purpose...doe

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Funny you mention that, it was the first example I thought of. Wlad looked gun-shy against Jenning. What does Fury do? Adopt a herky-jerky movement to play off of Wlad's issue.

Expect every Golovkin from here on out to circle him and disrupt his ability to cut off the ring.
            exactly............

Comment

Having certain vulnerabilities exposed rarely works out well in the long run. If it's an "off-night", I absolutely agree with you. But, I think we saw age and a long suspected weakness to lateral footwork. I don't think either will be to his advantage, even if BJS and Canelo are finally willing to fight him.

As far as just GETTING the fights though, you're correct. No way BJS was going to fight him otherwise. He even said he wanted 2 tune-ups before Golovkin.
              I think it is more of a question of power rather than foot work. Flatfooted + Power probably is more difficult fight for GGG than Lateral movement + No power. Somewhat Like Lara, Canelo would probably has more chances to beat Golovkin that Lara has based on power. And Lara is not the guy who would circle, but rather be on that bicycle on the backfoot for Golovkin to hunt him down.

Comment

I can't see Canelo fighting the same fight Jacobs fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  I think it is more of a question of power rather than foot work. Flatfooted + Power probably is more difficult fight for GGG than Lateral movement + No power. Somewhat Like Lara, Canelo would probably has more chances to beat Golovkin that Lara has based on power. And Lara is not the guy who would circle, but rather be on that bicycle on the backfoot for Golovkin to hunt him down.
                  I'd disagree. Lemieux is flat footed and powerful but Golovkin had an easy time of him. Jacobs was circling and not laying on heavy shots, and could have easily been declared the victor. Murray nearly went the distance using movement.
                  Of course, we can only speculate but I don't believe it will be flat footed power that beats Golovkin, it will be movement.

Comment

I'd disagree. Lemieux is flat footed and powerful but Golovkin had an easy time of him. Jacobs was circling and not laying on heavy shots, and could have easily been declared the victor. Murray nearly went the distance using movement.
                    Of course, we can only speculate but I don't believe it will be flat footed power that beats Golovkin, it will be movement.
                    What I'm saying is that, without making Golovkin being a little bit gunshy against power there is nothing would stop him to an opponent down even with A-level moving opponent unless that guy has power to keep him. I'm not talking about a David Lemieux type of Flatfooted ness I'm thinking of Canelo that has handspeed and power and counterpunching. And for Murray, it is more of him being durable than his lateral movement tbh seeing how Golovkin had him on the ropes in every scond of each round. With Lara being inactive in the back foot with not nearly enough power, only responding to ten punches a round, that would be Golovkin's icing on a cake.

Comment

Working...
                    X