Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia/Thurman threads are starting to mirror the Matthysse threads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe, i think it has to do more with the fact that garcia hasn't looked good in a while, actually since lucas. he hasn't fought someone with power since him. his only 2 KO victories since then have been vs poor opposition and in the other hand you have an unbeaten young fighter, way bigger than garcia who has proven power at 147 lbs. lets not pretend that danny didn't have a size advantage at 140 lbs something he won't have vs thurman (or any other top 147 pounder)

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      It's your choice but if you are leaning toward Thurman to win then I don't think you should bet on Garcia. Always bet on the man you think will win or don't bet at all. If Thurman wins you lose your bet and the fact that you got good betting odds won't help you feel better about the money you lost. By betting on Garcia you would be making a bet you think you will probably lose on the chance of getting a nice payoff if Garcia wins.
      Eh I tend to make plays that I think pay off in the long run. If Thurman reaches 3/1 or better, I might bet on Garcia because I believe that my expected value is positive on that bet even if my chances of winning are less than 50%.

Comment

I hope it doesn't go there. The cheerleading for Lucas was disgusting. He was balls deep in some of these posters mouths after that KO of Lamont

Comment

Garcia should be able to beat Thurman. The fight Garcia would lose is to Porter.

Comment

Big difference is that Matthysse had already lost twice, to boxers, going into the Garcia fight. Yes they were close, but I thought he came on way too late against Judah and Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Big difference is that Matthysse had already lost twice, to boxers, going into the Garcia fight. Yes they were close, but I thought he came on way too late against Judah and Alexander.
              Well punch stats knock downs etc. doesn't share your opinion.

Comment

Matthysse was not undefeated when Garcia fought him. Thurman is. Don't know why they keep mentioning the Argentinian. Garcia needs to fight a guy who someone hasn't beaten yet. Don't even know if he could beat Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  dont take it for granted that garcias going to fight him...
                  Based on what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Agreed but you have the benefit of hindsight so it's easy to say Thurman is the better boxer. Back then, Matthysse was considered a world class boxer with prodigious power. The man to take down Mayweather...

Garcia is easy to sleep on because he isn't special in any category. But I've been saying for years that no one should be surprised if he ends up being the man at 147. Excellent amateur background, can box going forward or backward, can counterpunch with power, hits hard, has experience on the big stage as the underdog and perhaps most important, probably has the best chin in the division. Him vs. Thurman is 50-50 to me but if he comes out with a decisive win, you may be looking at boxing's next big star.
                    Wanna bet all your points on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Phresh View Post
                      Garcia should be able to beat Thurman. The fight Garcia would lose is to Porter.
                      If Porter can avoid hook the first 5 rounds then yea. Although I don't think Garcia's power at 147 will be what it was at 140...

Comment

Working...
                      X