And the Heavyweight Crown is Broken Up Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saint laurent
    Elroy -

Klitschko and Fury agreed that if Fury won, he would make a voluntary defense against Klitschko in his next fight. Nobody forced Fury to agree to that. Fury voluntarily agreed because it was lucrative to do so. He voluntarily agreed even though he knew it would mean giving up the IBF title.

The IBF is just following their rules. If the IBF was corrupt, they wouldn't be stripping Fury. What would make the IBF more money, 3% of Klitschko & Fury's purses or 3% of Glazkov & Martin's purses?

Use some common sense.

Rematch clauses NEVER override a mandatory and the organizations have specific language explicitly stating that they do not recognize rematch clauses.

I am not a member of the IBF and I am not a fan of the IBF policies. I am a fan of the IBF actually following their policies though rather than ignoring their rules to make more money.

If you can attack my arguments, I'm happy to discuss it. If all you're capable of is attacking me personally, save yourself some time, admit that you're wrong and move on with your day.
    I never said what you are saying isn't politically how it is, I am claiming it is absolute BS that it is that way and talking of common sense, common sense says that the champ keeps his title and the former champ gets a chance to reclaim his title.

The ONLY reason the IBF wants the title stripped, is because of a larger issue than the money made off of 1 single more fight, multiple champs make for more money across the board.

The only way out is to abolish the whole system which is no longer adequate for modern times and implement tourney style, it's the future!

Comment

If you have all the belts and just fight mandatories, any decent fighter in the division will have no choice but to try to become a mandatory. Which means the best will always be fighting the best.
      Thats a nice theory, but thats not what happens. This is an asses in seats sport almost as much as a winning fights sport. And everyone at the top is winning so if you are putting asses in seats you are getting the shot by the champion cuz there is more money in fighting that guy. Plus the alphabet rankings should make any boxing fan extremely doubtful that knowledgeable & un-corrupt people are in charge of them.

Comment

If everyone knows Fury and if nobody outside of Alabama knows Wilder, please explain the following:

In the US, a million people watched Fury's last fight live on TV.

In the US, THREE MILLION people watched Wilder's last fight on TV.

Read your silly post again, then read the facts, and please explain to the class why anybody should take you seriously.

/thread
        Look, globally Fury is the bigger name. You can like it, dislike it, I don't care, that's the truth. I have no horse in this race, neither guy makes me any money and in recent times, neither guy has delivered on their promises but the truth is always the truth, you would be crazy to think Wilder could ever draw as much as Fury.

It can hurt though.

Comment

Working...
        X