Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather to Pick Opponent Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't even understand the big reluctance in announcing his next fight. If it's Canelo or Guerrero, what's the huge delay? Who else is he considering to fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Canelo needs to fight Trout, Kirkland, Lara or Vanes.

Guerrero should continue to push for a fight with Broner like they did earlier in the year or fight the winner of Alexander-Brook.

Martinez should fight Golovkin or Quillin.

Mayweather should leave it alone; I'm sick of him. Count his blessings and ride into the sunset.
      Broner Guerrero? Why not Broner vs Gamboa?
      How about Guerrero vs Pac?
      Martinez vs GGG is good.
      Why would Mayweather retire? He can fight any top 3 WW/JMW.

Other good fights that should be made;
      Alvarez vs Trout (yet it will probably be Cotto)
      JMM vs Bradley

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Broner Guerrero? Why not Broner vs Gamboa?
        How about Guerrero vs Pac?
        Martinez vs GGG is good.
        Why would Mayweather retire? He can fight any top 3 WW/JMW.

Other good fights that should be made;
        Alvarez vs Trout (yet it will probably be Cotto)
        JMM vs Bradley
        Broner-Guerrero were already going back and forth on twitter and face to face wanting to fight each other. Let em go at it. It'll be a good fight. Gamboa gets destroyed by Broner.

Mayweather takes too long to decide when he wants to fight. I remember when no one wanted to fight him and he had to call out all the top guys. DLH finally put him in the game and gave him popularity and now he has access to any fight he wants and now the guy doesn't want to fight.

He's been pulling these year type delays since 2007. Schit was old a long time ago. I'm getting older, you're getting older... I've spent more time fantasizing about how potential fights will play out more than he's actually been in the ring. His opponents change not because he beats them but because they wait to fight him and end up losing to someone else in the meantime. Same cycle since 2006-2008.

I'd prefer for Marquez to fight Rios next since Mathysse is preoccupied with GB.
        Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Broner-Guerrero were already going back and forth on twitter and face to face wanting to fight each other. Let em go at it. It'll be a good fight. Gamboa gets destroyed by Broner.

Mayweather takes too long to decide when he wants to fight. I remember when no one wanted to fight him and he had to call out all the top guys. DLH finally put him in the game and gave him popularity and now he has access to any fight he wants and now the guy doesn't want to fight.

He's been pulling these year type delays since 2007. Schit was old a long time ago.

I'd prefer to Marquez to fight Rios next since Mathysse is preoccupied with GB.
          Broner Gamboa is the fight right now and I have Broner out classing Gamboa pretty badly as well. Even though I doubt it happens, I want to see Broner fight JMM which would put Broner on the map win/lose/draw.

However right now, I think JMM should go after Bradley's belt. Mosley is fighting Pauli for his WW strap in April. So I think JMM should go after Bradley's WW belt.

Pac should take on Guerroro. He's a top 3 WW. When was the last time Pac fought a top 3 WW?

Comment

• would like to see trout in there instead of Guerrero, more of a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              Oh my God, my opinion differs to yours...I must be new to the sport, makes such logical sense. Oh mighty one, please tell me why Guerrero is the best welterweight on the planet.
              Haha i have given that exact response many times on this forum! And Guererro is the 2-3 ranked WW, never said best, because he beat the WBC number ranked fighter in Aydin than he beat the stuffing out of Berto who was another highly touted WW. So for me he has earned his shot at Floyd but you for sone reason you still think Pac should get shot cause you probably are going with the moral victory approach that he was looking good before taking a nap.

If you are truly new then Welcome and get ready for many questioning tour knowledge. Hope you can keep up cause there are some freaks on here.

Comment

• We know this first one is gonna be a tune up so I'm guessing that who he picks for May is a good indicator of who he's gonna fight in November.

My guess is he is fighting Sergio Martinez in November.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
                  We know this first one is gonna be a tune up so I'm guessing that who he picks for May is a good indicator of who he's gonna fight in November.

My guess is he is fighting Sergio Martinez in November.
                  He's fighting May 4th and in September. Most likely September 14th. We can all assume that Alvarez (and/or The Ghost) will be in the mix at one point. However as of right now, Alvarez hasn't accomplished anything since everyone including De La Hoya saying that he wasn't ready and too inexperienced for Floyd.

No matter who Floyd fights people will have a problem with it as Martinez has already signed a fight and Pac just got KTFO. Plus nobody’s really cared for that fight since Pac looked like a clown last November when he was having all those marriage, drinking, gambling problems. He said he stopped all that but you see where that got him.

Floyd can fight any top WW/JMW and everyone will cry about it one way or another because nobody available is good enough. Can anyone name a fighter where Floyd wouldn’t be the favorite from 154 and below?

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                    He's fighting May 4th and in September. Most likely September 14th. Can anyone name a fighter where Floyd wouldn’t be the favorite from 154 and below?
                    No, I can't. Its going to take someone young, fast and 20 lbs bigger on fight night to give Floyd a tough fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Haha i have given that exact response many times on this forum! And Guererro is the 2-3 ranked WW, never said best, because he beat the WBC number ranked fighter in Aydin than he beat the stuffing out of Berto who was another highly touted WW. So for me he has earned his shot at Floyd but you for sone reason you still think Pac should get shot cause you probably are going with the moral victory approach that he was looking good before taking a nap.

If you are truly new then Welcome and get ready for many questioning tour knowledge. Hope you can keep up cause there are some freaks on here.
                      Pac is, regardless of losing to Marquez, who is one of the greatest fighters of all time, way better than Guerrero. That's the bottom line, so for me, Mayweather/Pac is still the better fight.

Guerrero should be looking at names like Bradley, Rios or Broner. If he beats one of them then yes, a Mayweather fight could be in the making. Same goes for Canelo, who needs to fight a better level of opposition (Guerrero does have a better resume no doubt).

For me, with Mayweather calling out Martinez and Martinez willing to come down to 154, why is Floyd no longer chasing that fight? I know Martinez is looking for the Chavez rematch and has Murray early 2013, why not make Martinez/Mayweather in the summer.

Marquez would be a great opponent for Mayweather, the first fight was one-sided but it's obvious that not only is Marquez is better shape now, he is a better overall fighter at the weight. Makes far more sense than Guerrero or Canelo.

But knowing Floyd, he'll go for The Ghost, a guy who he said he didn't even know a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X