No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN, The New Kid On The Block, Ready For Boxing Kickoff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
    Sure, a few hardcores are gonna sign up. But it has no broad appeal to the USA audience.
    Why should I give a f#ck what casual boxing fans think?

I'm not invested in DAZN or trying to convince you or anyone else to do anything. If DAZN goes down the sh^tter cuz they can't find enough people to watch Tevin Farmer fights thats on DAZN & Eddie Hearn, but I'll be watching the WBSS tournaments this year & every year they are on DAZN assuming they keep the caliber of the events up cuz I enjoy watching boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I'm not invested in DAZN or trying to convince you or anyone else to do anything. If DAZN goes down the sh^tter cuz they can't find enough people to watch Tevin Farmer fights thats on DAZN & Eddie Hearn, but I'll be watching the WBSS tournaments this year & every year they are on DAZN assuming they keep the caliber of the events up cuz I enjoy watching boxing.
      Good for you.

I’ll continue to post what I think on the topic of the thread. I don’t think it will fly. I don’t think it offers much — their sked on the site shows 3 boxing cards on thefree month. Then they want money.

I’ll spend mine elsewhere and catch AJ-Pov a couple hours later for free on Youtube.

I have no interest in a tournament to decide who is possibly the second-best cruiser when they just had one to decide who was the best. It’s like warmed-over meatloaf.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
        Good for you.

I’ll continue to post what I think on the topic of the thread. I don’t think it will fly. I don’t think it offers much — their sked on the site shows 3 boxing cards on thefree month. Then they want money.

I’ll spend mine elsewhere and catch AJ-Pov a couple hours later for free on Youtube.
        Good for you too brother.

I have no interest in a tournament to decide who is possibly the second-best cruiser when they just had one to decide who was the best. It’s like warmed-over meatloaf.
        CW is a pretty deep division I got no problem seeing those 8 cats decide who's the 2nd best CW.

But yea I'm more interested in the 118 & 140 tournaments I admit.

Comment

It would be great if this succeeded, but it won't. There's just not enough content on DAZN to attract anything other than Hardcores.

Comment

WBSS kinda sealed the deal for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              It would be great if this succeeded, but it won't. There's just not enough content on DAZN to attract anything other than Hardcores.
              I mean maybe. But it seems like DAZN is tossing around money like condoms at an orgy. And lets not forget this is a sports thing & not just a boxing thing. They might not need more than the hardcore fans as they add more sports.

Ultimately I think this is the way things are going regardless if DAZN is the winner or a contender in this streaming sports arms race that is only just beginning.

I'm still anxious for when things really get interesting with things like alternate commentary or no commentary & just the live events if you choose to just wanna see/hear that + when you can decide from what POV you wanna watch the event. And who knows what else you'll be able to customize eventually. All that is coming still. This sh^t right now is just the minor leagues of streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Yup, the bantamweight tourney does it for me.

Except I’m probably gonna get all those fights for free so Im not downloading anything. Good stuff though. The WBSS, that is.

Comment

If you're a hardcore fan idk how it couldn't. When I first heard the WBSS was a rumored thing that was gonna be on DAZN I knew I was gonna be in.

I know some cats might have a harder time parting with $120 a year or maybe don't have the time to even watch that much extra boxing, but for me it is worth it.

Comment

If you're a hardcore fan idk how it couldn't. When I first heard the WBSS was a rumored thing that was gonna be on DAZN I knew I was gonna be in.

I know some cats might have a harder time parting with $120 a year or maybe don't have the time to even watch that much extra boxing, but for me it is worth it.
                    $120 ain't bad for a year's time. Hearn's stable is worth complaining about. If he can't get good fight I'll probably cancel in between seasons of the WBSS.

Comment

$120 ain't bad for a year's time. Hearn's stable is worth complaining about. If he can't get good fight I'll probably cancel in between seasons of the WBSS.
                      Not a bad idea. Hadn't even thought of that yet, but makes perfect sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X