No announcement yet.

Lounge Posters: What Do You Do For a Living 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    I did, but I’m trying to renegotiate start date, and commute fees.
    By taking a job you sign a contract, which would be on the basis of your start date and benefits (including commuting.)

You sir, are a compulsive lying rat.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      I work in aerospace/defense electronics
      I just did a project for an aerospace company , assessing how their satellite internet connection works with their crew wireless connection.

The connections are actually routed to base stations on the ground.

In theory if someone knew how, they could access that shyt from a plane.

They have mitigations in place in place to stop network traffic going in that direction.

It was trivial to get around one block they had in place, and probably impossible on the 2nd unless you get physical access to the networking device on board and plug into it

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Only the real man can do the work that you do.

I was gonna say that if you were in LA, i can get you tons of roofing projects.
        Thanks bro.
        Theirs not too much to keep me busy atm cause no-one is buying houses so work has slowed down alot.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
          I just did a project for an aerospace company , assessing how their satellite internet connection works with their crew wireless connection.

The connections are actually routed to base stations on the ground.

In theory if someone knew how, they could access that shyt from a plane.

They have mitigations in place in place to stop network traffic going in that direction.

It was trivial to get around one block they had in place, and probably impossible on the 2nd unless you get physical access to the networking device on board and plug into it
          I've been reading into the history of satellites and GPS and it's pretty wild. The V-2 rocket was the precursor to the rockets which would put satellites and people into space. A lot of that technology was developed in the time following WWII and into the Cold War years, and then later was made available to civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            By taking a job you sign a contract, which would be on the basis of your start date and benefits (including commuting.)

You sir, are a compulsive lying rat.
            I accepted a verbal offer, we are moving dates, and you sir, are the liar, who ignores the fact that you claim to beat up blacks and Mexicans every other week. I don’t think there are that many Mexicans working at the pub you frequent.

Oh, yeah, you reply to me yet have me on ignore. Wow, go back to darts and pints.

I’m headed to Cali, then India, then, if I’ll see what’s what.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              I've been reading into the history of satellites and GPS and it's pretty wild. The V-2 rocket was the precursor to the rockets which would put satellites and people into space. A lot of that technology was developed in the time following WWII and into the Cold War years, and then later was made available to civilians.
              I don’t know if they teach old error correction codes in use for satellites, , namely for verification, and authentification, we learned Excess-3,

Excess-3, 3-excess[1][2][3] or 10-excess-3 binary code (often abbreviated as XS-3, 3XS[1] or X3[4][5]) or Stibitz code[1][2] (after George Stibitz, who built a relay-based adding machine in 1937[6][7]) is a self-complementary binary-coded decimal (BCD) code and numeral system. It is a biased representation. Excess-3 code was used on some older computers as well as in cash registers and hand-held portable electronic calculators of the 1970s, among other uses.

Comment

Work with data and data analysis. Programming in SAS, and occasional SAS instructor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                  Work with data and data analysis. Programming in SAS, and occasional SAS instructor.
                  SAS is a tool... you are not a tool... you got a PhD in statistics? You know the difference between a Euler, FFT, Laplace transform and a Dirac delta function.. all used in digital signal and image processing.. i wouldn’t even pretent I understood the psychology behind the inputs or outputs..

Now I get you... SAS... at Edmunds.com I used to interface with statisticians regularly. They all had phd’s in math/statistical analysis/and all kinds of esoteric maff(as the brother be saying) those SAS guys came upwith a lot of flawed analysis, but the more concrete data we provided, the better the result sets they returned.

We had this tool, at Edmunds, called TMV.. True Market Value.... where we used historical data(pst market values) from the DMV @ the Zip Code level (bucket/spponful) to find the historical depreciation, and current market value of vehicles, based on make, model, price, etc.. etc..

It was fun.. Mannheim was our biggest client.
                  https://www.coxautoinc.com/brands/manheim/

That was big fun..I couldn’t be.ieve I was being paid to work on a needs matching tool...

Finally something useful.. I ended up ****ing an SAS chick.. she had ideas.. I ignored them.. but she could ride... I could give her name, but after I gave a google girl’s name she called my buddy Steve asking me to please let her live her lie..
                  Last edited by Zaroku; 11-18-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X