Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Max "Blessed" Holloway make it as a pro Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Max "Blessed" Holloway make it as a pro Boxer?

He has some of the best striking in MMA as seen in last nights UFC fight.

I don't get these type of questions. Of course he could fight some pro debut opponents (a guy 1-3 or 0-0) and win easily, but he's not going to compete with elite level boxers.

Comment

dont be shocked if mayweather fights him soon

Comment

Nah.

Those UFC guys can't box at all.

McGregor is supposedly their best boxer and he can't crack an egg and has some of the worst technique I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

Big Fan of Max but NO! He gets brutally knocked out in boxing, while he gets away with it in the UFC, his Defense and head movement is not good at all. Even vs Ortega last night he was getting caught a lot despite dishing out more Damage to Ortega obviously. Max is a BEAST though and he is TOUGH!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Nah.

Those UFC guys can't box at all.

McGregor is supposedly their best boxer and he can't crack an egg and has some of the worst technique I've ever seen in my life.
            There's better boxers than him in UFC. Garbrandt for sure. Conor just got the hype.

As for the thread topic, no. Anybody can beat up some cans I guess. Competing with top level contenders, nope, and I like Max too.

Comment

With what I watched last night, hell yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                There's better boxers than him in UFC. Garbrandt for sure. Conor just got the hype.

As for the thread topic, no. Anybody can beat up some cans I guess. Competing with top level contenders, nope, and I like Max too.
                Garbrant is Cody with the tattoo's right?

I don't watch UFC but I watched his last fight. Looked pretty poor boxing wise.

I struggle with UFC to be honest but my nephew has been trying to get me into it so I've watched a fight here and there.

Comment

Impossible to tell. Boxing is a small part of mma so if he focused on it alone maybe, but he just turned 27 so it wouldn't be easy. There are too many implications and variables.

Comment

He looked real good last night with his switch hitting abilities and making quick adjustments; but the best boxers in MMA are amateurs at best vs actual professional boxers.

It could be a different story had he boxed only his whole life.
                    Last edited by R01; 12-09-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X