Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please take off those rose-colored glasses oldheads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So fighters that trained for 15 round fights, didn't have pampered camps, and considerably harsher sparring sessions in preparations wouldn't beat guys that are literally gasping for breath within the first six rounds? It's not about rose colored glasses..it's about facts. Foreman at his prime would've beaten the dog ***** out of every name worthy heavy weight of the past 20 years and that's just Foreman within 6 rounds...not even mentioning the rest of that class.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      The majority of these guys in the 70's were literal construction workers, cab drivers, mechanics etc. You're talking about an era where guys were literally downing 12 packs and smoking packs of cigarettes every other day.

Foreman is a very limited boxer, his defense was HORRENDOUS, the thing that made him special was his sheer size and power. The same exact thing that made him an ATG in his era is the same exact thing multiple fighters possess in this era.
      Agree to disagree :-/

To suggest that Wlad or Deontay or AJ are/was half the fighter of Foreman has my sides literally shrieking in pain from laughter...but I respect your opinion

Comment

There's absolutely no point into debating fantasy fights from different eras. Joe Frazier fighting now, with modern training and nutrition, would be a whole different fighter. Same goes for Miller if he'd grown up in the 50s-60s.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          So Foreman can't beat a guy because the guy weighs over 300 pounds? That's a strange deduction, man.

Foreman was a beast in his day, crushing one foe after another with his clubbing, bruising power shots. Look what he did to Frazier, an ATG. How many ATGs has Miller crushed or will ever crush? Hard to picture that happening. I think it's shocking how so many proven ATGs are written off just for the sake of praising modern fighters. I mean, I really don't expect jack shlt from Miller. He's okay but I don't picture him beating Wilder or Joshua or ever picking up a belt and you fools are comparing him to Foreman. It's farcical.
          Frazier was an ATG? Care to tell me who he beat to become this ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            I know Tony right.
            These guys are ATGs for a reason.
            Some of these dudes have short memories or haven't even watched what the heavyweight division was like back in them days.
            Frazier is about as far from an ATG as you can get. Give me these great wins that make him a supposed ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Comment

It's not about size its skills the sweet science.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                  I know Tony right.
                  These guys are ATGs for a reason.
                  Some of these dudes have short memories or haven't even watched what the heavyweight division was like back in them days.
                  Better yet dksab.

Comment

Originally posted by Havoctka View Post
                    It's not about size its skills the sweet science.
                    i guess we should get rid of weight classes if size doesnt matter

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                      X