Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs Andre Ward Official Announcement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kovalev for me, fights going to be similar to hopkins v kovalev but a bit more competitive, ward will nick 3 or 4 rounds. In the minority but im going kovalev UD, think wards too negative and defensive to get taken out but also will be too negative and defensive to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      kovalev for me, fights going to be similar to hopkins v kovalev but a bit more competitive, ward will nick 3 or 4 rounds. In the minority but im going kovalev UD, think wards too negative and defensive to get taken out but also will be too negative and defensive to win the fight.
      I can see this happening.

I'm a Ward guy, and I don't see this out of the realm of possibility.

At least this takes out the judges scorecards angle that some are trying to push off on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        lmfao wtf am I seeing O_O

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Its sad when so called boxing fans start making excuses before the fight has even happened. "If, if, if"....I can show you hundreds of "ifs" throughout history, but you're whining about a fight that hasn't even happened yet. If Ward wins he will deserve it. If Kov wins he'll deserve it. Bottom line, you can't blame either man for the outcome. It's not up to them. The only thing they control is what happens in the ring.
          It's sad that boxing fans will put nationalism first before sporting integrity and upholding the rules of boxing, it really is sad that people need to give Ward a pass just because he fights under the same flag as you as a real boxing fan you'd want what is best for the sport and for the person who doesn't cheat to win his marquee fight's you'd want that person to lose.

Either way with Ward losing it would be a great win for boxing, boxing has been poisoned by corruption and Ward is a plain example of that it really is time that the sport cleaned up its act on cheaters and to stop painting them as some true skilled high boxing IQ leveled fighter because that's just straight up B.S. If you want to clinch and wrestle you should join the UFC.

Comment

Wonder how the undercard will shape up.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                It's sad that boxing fans will put nationalism first before sporting integrity and upholding the rules of boxing, it really is sad that people need to give Ward a pass just because he fights under the same flag as you as a real boxing fan you'd want what is best for the sport and for the person who doesn't cheat to win his marquee fight's you'd want that person to lose.

Either way with Ward losing it would be a great win for boxing, boxing has been poisoned by corruption and Ward is a plain example of that it really is time that the sport cleaned up its act on cheaters and to stop painting them as some true skilled high boxing IQ leveled fighter because that's just straight up B.S. If you want to clinch and wrestle you should join the UFC.
                yeah spot on, without a doubt a win for ward is bad for boxing, this guy brings no fans or attention to the sport. The absolute opposite of connor mcgregor in UFC, who although isnt p4p number 1 i dont think, is seen as the face of the sport. Boxing could be faced with a horrible reality in which the P4P number 1 is also P4P most boring.

Comment

yeah spot on, without a doubt a win for ward is bad for boxing, this guy brings no fans or attention to the sport. The absolute opposite of connor mcgregor in UFC, who although isnt p4p number 1 i dont think, is seen as the face of the sport. Boxing could be faced with a horrible reality in which the P4P number 1 is also P4P most boring.
                  Damn straight the guy does nothing for the sport he gives nothing back by having to foul and cheat to beat his man, man the **** up is all I gotta say especially when you're being paid a few million for 36 minutes of hard work.

Conor McGregor is a mouthy little **** but he backs up his words with action he obeys the rules of the sport he is in so you know I think he is a dickhead but I respect him unlike Ward as does many others that's why Conor McGregor is being pushed to the heavens and receiving so much attention something Ward has never been capable of doing but the fact is being an Olympic gold medalist and an American in your homeland he damn well should be capable of doing what Conor has done for our sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Damn straight the guy does nothing for the sport he gives nothing back by having to foul and cheat to beat his man, man the **** up is all I gotta say especially when you're being paid a few million for 36 minutes of hard work.

Conor McGregor is a mouthy little **** but he backs up his words with action he obeys the rules of the sport he is in so you know I think he is a dickhead but I respect him unlike Ward as does many others that's why Conor McGregor is being pushed to the heavens and receiving so much attention something Ward has never been capable of doing but the fact is being an Olympic gold medalist and an American in your homeland he damn well should be capable of doing what Conor has done for our sport.
                    yeah, i dont expect or really want to see ward mouthing off 24/7 like mcgregor but i'd like to see him try and hype a fight and not treat it like a chore, turning up to a press conference would be a good start. In some ways ward is just as arrogant as mcgregor with his whole approach to the sport. Ward doesnt feel he needs to entertain the fans, and makes no attempt to. Having a clear P4P in kovalev, if he wins, would be a much better outcome for the sport than andre ward, a fighter who noone is interested in or ever willbe

Comment

yeah, i dont expect or really want to see ward mouthing off 24/7 like mcgregor but i'd like to see him try and hype a fight and not treat it like a chore, turning up to a press conference would be a good start. In some ways ward is just as arrogant as mcgregor with his whole approach to the sport. Ward doesnt feel he needs to entertain the fans, and makes no attempt to. Having a clear P4P in kovalev, if he wins, would be a much better outcome for the sport than andre ward, a fighter who noone is interested in or ever willbe
                      I get that feeling too and he is absolutely 100% wrong If he really does genuinely believe that it's part of the reason nobody cares about him and part of the reason he can't sell out his own hometown stadium.

Comment

Working...
                      X