No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is fooling himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post

Truth is he would probably laugh in my face at the idea... but you still get my drift on the point I am trying to get across...

Oh and it wouldn't be called that, it would be called the SIBA Tin Foil Super Catch Weight 145 WW title...

surely got the message across bro. and where the hell did you get that name from?

Comment

Its within the WW limit, but still isn't at the legit WW limit...
      Space...you do know that a legitimate welterweight is 141-147 right?

Comment

Its within the WW limit, but still isn't at the legit WW limit...
        as much as i want to respond to this, id rather not cause this thread might become another catchweight thread

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post

surely got the message across bro. and where the hell did you get that name from?
          Spacey1991 International Boxing Association... first **** that came to my mind!

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Space...you do know that a legitimate welterweight is 141-147 right?
          You must have not read by post correctly, I said... 145 is within the WW limit, but it isn't the legit WW limit, meaning... if its at a catch weight of 145 then it isn't at the proper WW limit, because the legit WW limit is 147, not 145.

If I make the fight at a catch weight of 142 pounds, it is within the WW limits but it still isn't at the WW limit, regardless of how close it is to the limit being at 145... it still isn't the legit, correct WW limit... that is why they call is a catch weight... even as a Pacquiao fan you should understand and agree to this.

as much as i want to respond to this, id rather not cause this thread might become another catchweight thread
          Just explained, we will leave it at that...

Comment

You must have not read by post correctly, I said... 145 is within the WW limit, but it isn't the legit WW limit, meaning... if its at a catch weight of 145 then it isn't at the proper WW limit, because the legit WW limit is 147, not 145.

If I make the fight at a catch weight of 142 pounds, it is within the WW limits but it still isn't at the WW limit, regardless of how close it is to the limit being at 145... it still isn't the legit, correct WW limit... that is why they call is a catch weight... even as a Pacquiao fan you should understand and agree to this.

and i dont want to explain anymore, cause this thread is yet to become another catchweight thread

Comment

and i dont want to explain anymore, cause this thread is yet to become another catchweight thread
              Cool, anyway... you liking my belt idea?

Comment

yeah pac's too gullible. who i blame are the greedy bastards around him, taking advantage.

Comment

I did read it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out. I stand corrected . Im not getting into the catchweight subject with you. Im not in the mood LOL

Comment

Cool, anyway... you liking my belt idea?
                    space, youre a cool guy but i think that belt idea of yours was damn ****ty

Comment

Who cares about the belt? This is about the money....

Two prize fighters have agreed to fight at 145 lbs to level the playing field as much as possible... and because the prize is right...

This thing about the useless belt is there because there are sanctioning bodies doing business to give prestige to the fight...prestige which the promoters would use to sell the fight to casual fans. We cannot blame WBC if they are trying to do business for this fight by offering an obscure belt...they would make money if the promoters bites.

To me these sanctioning bodies belt has the same value as Spacey's belt... but if the promoter can use it to hype the fight to the casual fans and boost PPV sales I see nothing wrong in that strategy... its just business.

Comment

Working...
                      X