Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Reaching The Elite Level, Is It Ok To Take On A Fighter Coming Off A Loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    It has to be, no one cared that Pac fought Clottey. They only mention Floyd fighting Judah.
    Clottey wasn't decisively beaten. And I didnt like that fight either.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Clottey wasn't decisively beaten. And I didnt like that fight either.
      Erik Morales was.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
        Yea, my post was dead on. 25 did this to knock one fighter, yet overlook when another fighter does it. Agenda.
        Yup. Fighting Clottey/Cotto is like fighting two fighters coming off a loss. Although beating Clottey was better because I thought he should have won. To his credit he fought both of them(Pacquiao did), just like Mayweather fought both Judah and Baldomir. There shouldn't be any hating here on any side.

Comment

no way if the fighter is badly beaten

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            when a fighter reaches the elite level, is it ok for them to take on a fighter who was decisively beaten in their previous fight?
            Out of 49 Rocky Marciano opponents, 30 came off losses or draws. How about that? I'm pretty sure he's on your top 10 ATG list.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Also its just not that simple either as to whether its ok to fight a guy off of a loss once you are viewed as the best of the best.

Why does everyone try and turn everything into some black/white polar extreme situation on this board.

Its like being forced to think about variables is frightening to posters on here.

Pac is a guy who could easily make 140 and probably still make 135 with a struggle him fighting a decent WW off of a ko loss before the Cotto fight would have been a fine test to me.
              The TS had an agenda, that got shut down quickly.

Comment

It's not black and white, I think its ok at the elite level to face someone coming off a close loss against other elite fighter.

However, if you facing a elite or non elite fighter coming off a less than spectacular loss then.

For example, Tarver facing Hopkins after a close loss to Taylor would be acceptable since Hopkins was past prime and facing a very close loss against a percieved MW elite at the time, whereas there is a clear difference between Judah losing to Baldomir because Baldomir was always a limited guy who was never an elite fighter.

Comment

no its not but *******s will say yes

Comment

Pacquiao:

Fought Barrera after Barrera lost to Marquez.
                    Fought Morales I after Morales lost to Barrera and still lost.
                    Fought Morales again after Morales lost to Raheem.
                    Fought Morales again after already beating Morales.
                    Fought Larios after Larios lost to Israel Vazquez.
                    Fought Clottey after Clottey lost a close dec to Cotto.

So is this thread aimed at Pacquiao or who???

LOL.

Comment

It depends, one loss should not be the be all and end all though

Comment

Working...
                      X