No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I think Canelo is the better outside boxer but Cotto is the more versatile guy. It will be an interesting fight because Cotto is best when he is on the offensive and Canelo is at his best when the other guy is coming at him.

I have favored Canelo because I think he is the naturally bigger guy and with talent being roughly equal that should make a difference. Plus Canelo is the younger fresher man who should be more hungry so those intangible positive lean toward Canelo.
    I can't even hate on that opinion. Canelo is the obvious choice since he is stronger and younger, but that doesn't win fights all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      u have a purto rican flag in ur sig....

i wonder if that had any influence as to why u picked cotto as the better overall boxer??

canelo is way more slick and defensively poised then cotto is
      As I said in my original post, I had both May and Mosley beating Cotto before their fights. I also disagree that Canelo is more slick and defensive than Cotto. Actually I don't see either of them that slick at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          Thanks bro!!

BTW I am still rooting for Rhode Island Cotto because I go way back being a BIG fan of his (up until this coward chapter) and this is Mexico vs PR after all. The PRican in me is feeling that fire for this fight. However, that doesn't change the fact that he is a disgraceful scared coward at least with the Golovkin situation. It is what it is.
          i hope ur prepared to rock a nice pic of andre ward in ur sig

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
            i hope ur prepared to rock a nice pic of andre ward in ur sig
            I almost forgot about our bet bro. Of course. ****, Cotto really has to win now. I will honor my word!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
              LOL... had to do it! How you got this fight playing out? Cotto KO?... what round?

Comment

• I think Canelo's power & chin is being oversold or Cotto's power & chin is being undersold. Cotto has been battle tested & only fell to one of the best fighters of this era in the last round & a guy who got caught using loaded gloves in his next fight in 11. Meanwhile Canelo most notably got stunned by Cotto's brother & the hitters he has fought have been only hitters without the high level of boxing ability of a guy like Cotto. I actually think if there is a KO it'll be Cotto doing the KOing & Canelo is gonna win a decision either fairly or unfairly.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
                  LOL... had to do it! How you got this fight playing out? Cotto KO?... what round?
                  5th or 6th. I see canelo trying to back up to try and lay cotto into a trap, but Roach being the trainer he is will see that, adjust and hammer canelo to the body.

Comment

• My money is on Pink Cotto, but im rooting for Nelo

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I think Canelo's power & chin is being oversold or Cotto's power & chin is being undersold. Cotto has been battle tested & only fell to one of the best fighters of this era in the last round & a guy who got caught using loaded gloves in his next fight in 11. Meanwhile Canelo most notably got stunned by Cotto's brother & the hitters he has fought have been only hitters without the high level of boxing ability of a guy like Cotto. I actually think if there is a KO it'll be Cotto doing the KOing & Canelo is gonna win a decision either fairly or unfairly.
                      Big Bro Cotto hurting Canelo should really be irrelevant at this point. He's stepped up considerably to prove he has a decent chin, although yes it might prove to not be as good as some believe. Might as well bring up Corley hurting Cotto badly on a night Cotto had a 20lb. advantage back when he was Canelo's current age.

Just based on the stylistic matchup I see Canelo having an easier time landing his money shots as opposed to Cotto. He's always been vulnerable to that uppercut and being more active with that left hook will increase Canelo's chances of landing a counter overhand right.

Comment

Working...
                      X