Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao drops from the top two of SI.coms p4p ratings for 1st time since 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Martinez beats Chavez next week there has to be some serious changes in the P4P list. I don't know how it should be, or even if Floyd should still be #1. He's #1 in my opinion but he has to announce a fight soon if he wants to be considered.

Martinez should get #2 and ward #3. Pacquiao HAS to win next fight to keep 4 IMO and 5 should be Wlad. If Pacquiao picks JMM and JMM wins then Pacquiao drops even more and Maybe Wlad in 4th and JMM 5th. Or JMM 4th PAc 5th Wlad 6th which isn't really fair but I dont' know, rankings are subjective when it comes to anything below the top 3.

Comment

B.Hop at 15 is crazy...with just 1 win to show for outta his last 4

Ward at 2 or 1 is cool with me...Manny is still top 10 p4p imo

SOG
      Floyd
      Martinez
      Marquez
      Donaire
      Pac
      Wlad
      Bradley
      Froch
      Moreno

thats my list!!

Comment

Didnt even know SI had a P4P list

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
          If Martinez beats Chavez next week there has to be some serious changes in the P4P list. I don't know how it should be, or even if Floyd should still be #1. He's #1 in my opinion but he has to announce a fight soon if he wants to be considered.

Martinez should get #2 and ward #3. Pacquiao HAS to win next fight to keep 4 IMO and 5 should be Wlad. If Pacquiao picks JMM and JMM wins then Pacquiao drops even more and Maybe Wlad in 4th and JMM 5th. Or JMM 4th PAc 5th Wlad 6th which isn't really fair but I dont' know, rankings are subjective when it comes to anything below the top 3.
          No disrespect, but you're clearly a fanboy.

Martinez hasn't in any way, shape or form fought the level of opposition that Ward has.

In fact, both Williams and Pavlik were both defeated before Martinez ever faced them.

Quintana laid out the blueprint to beat Williams and Martinez and Lara copied it.

Pavlik was on the verge of becoming an full-time alcoholic after his loss to BHOP.

Both Williams and Pavlik were questionable commodities at the point when Martinez fought them.

The shameful way that both Barker and Macklin did so well while clearly being C fighters at best showed a decline in Martinez that led some in his camp to express concern about his ability to compete at the top level.

I like Martinez, but without the Williams and Pavlik fights he would still be in obscurity.

That's the truth and if you don't like it .. respond by providing any win he's had before or since that would have him even in the top 15.

Martinez has had the opportunity to move up into a division where there is actually more than one live dog to challenge. Martinez refuses .. instead opting to wait for a fight against Mayweather or Pacquiao .. who are WWs.

Sorry, but Martinez doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 either. Look at his opponents since Williams and Pavlik and it tells the story.

Comment

Good to see Sports Illustrated showing some common sense.

Comment

That's why it's mind-boggling why businessman Floyd, who stands to make more than $150 million in a Paqciao fight, won't fight the overrated guy from Asia. He'd rather avoid him. It will never make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                That's why it's mind-boggling why businessman Floyd, who stands to make more than $150 million in a Paqciao fight, won't fight the overrated guy from Asia. He'd rather avoid him. It will never make sense.
                LOL.................... $150 million......................... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                  How...I'm not even gonna ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    LOL.................... $150 million......................... LOL
                    Whoops! I meant $200 million. My bad.

Comment

I have no issue with this at all tho. I wouldn't even have an issue with him being rated #1

Comment

Working...
                      X