No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
    So what at least he fought him twice. Where as Mayweather retired while the division was heating up & didn't fight any of the top dogs at 147 at that time & retired for 2 years.
    I was just joking with him because it sounded silly whether he was serious or not. I had ward winning both myself. Ward is a legend I'm disappointed to see him go so soon, but if he thinks it's best I'm happy for him and his family

Comment

• Stevens ducking Kovalev and Ward for years he's a punk

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        Ward is, was & will be better than them.
        Maybe but he doesn't have the resume nor has he accomplished more than them.

Comment

• Really nothing left to Prove, dominated Amateurs, Olympics and Pros. Had a great run and he kept it CLASSY his entire run even when people threatened his career even when media and fans bashed him for no reason Ward always chose to be the bigger man in all that.

He will be around the sport have a great career ahead of him as a Commentator and Media stuff, very well spoken clean cut guy!

Hopefully he gets into Promoting fighters and mentor more young fighters like Shakur Stevenson!
          Last edited by sicko; 09-21-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
            Agreed. And those fights didn't sell for ish. No one will even notice aside from hardcore SOG fans I'd reckon..
            Nah, to the REAL boxing fans.

Comment

• I'm sort of sad and disappointed, but I don't think it's a bad move.

Ward has shown sign of slippage, imho.

It was evident in his last couple fights with Kovalev, I thought.

It seemed to me like Ward had slowed down just enough to make for a more action-type fight.

It's a typical trend, which leads some fighters to take a lot more abuse later in their career (see Ali).

Most fighters wouldn't walk away like that, but with Ward I'm not shocked.

Perhaps he was serious about fighting Bellew, and when that didn't come to fruition he decided that was that.

Comment

• write a book andre

'Cawk fighting 101' : by andre Cupcheck ward

Comment

• Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                  I guess I never watched close enough to see how much he uses that "bend at the waist and launch with your head move". Honestly, is that HOF boxing? Are the low blows dirty or "veteran moves"?
                  If you want to see the best use of the head in the history of boxing, Holyfield v Tyson. It was always just on the edge of legal, rapid positioning of his noggin so that Tyson's own movement took him on to it, and it completely threw Tyson off his game.

It frustrated Tyson to the point where it ultimately cost Holyfield a couple of chunks off his ears, but Holyfield got two Ws out if it and effectively ended Tyson's Beeth Mode permanently.

Comment

• Thank you Andre! U.S.A!!!

Comment

• Can't say I liked his style, but can't turn a blind eye on his accomplishments and talent.

Great career

Comment

Working...
                      X