Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ball’s back in Eddie Hearn’s court on Wilder offer to fight Tony Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know it's a slow day for the AJ cawk gobblers when they're looking into small town Alabama newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      Now you sound like someone with brain.
      AJ has much to loose so it's normal for him and his management to take their time and make the odds fall in their favor.
      It's called business.
      Of course. I've never denied that. I've only confronted AJ fans who delusionally believe it's Wilder who is reluctant to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Of course. I've never denied that. I've only confronted AJ fans who delusionally believe it's Wilder who is reluctant to fight.

anyone that takes 4 weeks to step up and accept is reluctant to fight

Twist it however

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Nothing to lose? I thought he was the most popular american boxer earning way above what his stated purses are?
          And? You still build your career in the hopes that you can have a big cash out fight. Even if his purses are double of what's listed and he makes 4 million per fight, if he can make 20+ million in one night against AJ and 30+ million in a rematch, he's still going to want those fights ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            You are actually insane.
            Bold claim. Let's see if the rest of your post supports it.

AJ stated that he wants all the titles in 2018.
            He can say anything he wants. His actions are what matters. He said he'd sign tomorrow for 50 million and when they called his bluff, he changed his story to wanting to fight at home for much less.

He makes a fight for the WBO and wins it.
            Good for him. Nobody credible considered Parker a dangerous opponent. Everybody credible considers Wilder the MOST dangerous opponent. Big difference. A smart business man would want that Parker fight ASAP and would want to delay the Wilder fight as long as possible. Are you suggesting AJ is a poor business man?

He makes the opening offer to Wilder for the WBC.
            A complete joke low ball offer called out as such by all credible experts.

He makes an improved offer to Wilder to which Wilder now has a contract.
            Only after turning down 50 million. Wilder has accepted the improved offer, even though it's way way less than what these guys should be making. AJ did everything to try to get out of this fight and Wilder still said yes anyway.

Yet you are saying he doesn't want the fight?! What crack are you smoking?
            He was reluctant to have the fight next. If it happens next, it'll only be because Wilder allowed himself to get bent over and ****ed with no lube. Forcing AJ to take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfan8888 View Post
              anyone that takes 4 weeks to step up and accept is reluctant to fight

Twist it however
              You're buying into Hearn's bull**** spin.

It took four weeks because Hearn, Haymon & Finkel were negotiating for those four weeks. Going back and forth on the 50 million offer in the US while also discussing a back up plan for the UK if AJ ultimately wasn't willing to take the 50 million. Hearn's job is to spin things to fool the fans. Hearn's job is to create plausible deniability if AJ decides to duck Wilder to take another fight.

It was only after four weeks when Hearn finally said it was the UK offer or nothing that Wilder said ok, UK offer it is. But Hearn tricked you into thinking Wilder just sat there for four weeks keeping Hearn waiting for an answer. That's a complete lie. It was Wilder who was waiting for four weeks to find out if the 50 million deal was dead or not.

Comment

You pretend you know the details but in reality your just sucking the groin of your American friend. Reality is both parties have contributed in different ways, and whether it’s the next fight or not I don’t care as long as we see it shortly and I think we will by latest if next summer! Sounds like Hearn replied on the two minor points wilder team had queried so hopefully we will know more next week

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                  You pretend you know the details but in reality your just sucking the groin of your American friend.
                  Big problem. I'm not American. What's your next theory?

Reality is both parties have contributed in different ways, and whether it’s the next fight or not I don’t care as long as we see it shortly and I think we will by latest if next summer!
                  You say that now because even to an AJ fan it's becoming very clear which side is trying to delay the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Big problem. I'm not American. What's your next theory?

You say that now because even to an AJ fan it's becoming very clear which side is trying to delay the fight.

It really isn’t unless you believe one side. People need to try to remove filters.

Person A may see a rectangle.
                    Person B may see a circle.

What they are both looking at is a cylinder. The problem is both will believe they are right and the other person is wrong.

Sometimes you need to step away and look at both angles/viewpoints. I find it hard to find it possible only one party is guilty here.

Did you think that by wilders team making an offer but refusing to provide details or have a meeting would help negiotiations for example? OR conveniently ignored

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                      I find it hard to find it possible only one party is guilty here.
                      Not sure why it's hard to believe. Fighting AJ next is 100% definitely the best move for Wilder's career, which is why he's eagerly chasing the fight ASAP.

Fighting Wilder next isn't necessarily the best move for AJ's career, so there is going to be some caution and reluctance. Pretty straight forward.

Did you think that by wilders team making an offer but refusing to provide details or have a meeting would help negiotiations for example?
                      They didn't refuse to provide details. Their offer actually had more details than Hearn's offer. Again you are believing Hearn's excuses and taking everything Hearn says at face value.

As for the meeting, Finkel & Haymon didn't want to sit down with Eddie to discuss smaller details until there was a mutual understanding on the money. This is standard operating procedure in boxing. The average fan wouldn't know that, so again, it is Hearn manipulating the public. To the average fan, it makes Wilder's side look bad for not meeting, even though the truth is that nobody competent in boxing would have taken that meeting. You reach an understanding on money first. You don't meet to discuss smaller details while the big detail hasn't been hammered out yet.

No different than Mayweather/Pacquiao, Mayweather/McGregor or any of the other biggest fights of all time. Until there is a framework for the purses, a meeting is a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X