No announcement yet.

Wilder backed into a corner by Hearn.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    AJ is fighting Parker next. Didn't you hear about that?

He won't be in action again for at least another 6 months. Which gives Wilder plenty of time to deal with Whyte, for a career high purse, if he thinks he can handle it, and put himself next in line for AJ after Parker.
    “In line” lol he has the only belt available. He’s first in line for aj. But you can boys don’t want it to happen for some reason

Comment

I think the easy way to get this done is how Team Wilder suggested . Put a guarantee in writing that If / after Wilder beats Whyte the AJ fight happens next .
      What's the hold up to that ?

Comment

You all know I do not like Wilder as a boxer.

But that Whyte that fought last night cannot beat a live body tied in front of him. The dude is awful.

Comment

AJ is fighting Parker next. Didn't you hear about that?

He won't be in action again for at least another 6 months. Which gives Wilder plenty of time to deal with Whyte, for a career high purse, if he thinks he can handle it, and put himself next in line for AJ after Parker.
          Deontay Wilder fought in the month of March. And AJ is about to fight in March as well.

They should both be in action again at the same time, their schedules have lined up perfectly.

Why can't Joshua vs Wilder happen next? Other than to prevent Eddie Hearn's gravy train from potentially coming to a halt?

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
            I think the easy way to get this done is how Team Wilder suggested . Put a guarantee in writing that If / after Wilder beats Whyte the AJ fight happens next .
            What's the hold up to that ?
            That’s sounds like a ******ed deal that you make in the back corner when playing dice lol. This is the elite level. Whyte and Joshua aren’t twins or brothers. Just because they have the same promoter doesn’t mean they are tangled in some type of deal, moreover they hate each other and Whyte is the putting himself in the mandatory position for the WBC. So why would any sane person suggest a dumb deal like that?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              you should think long and hard about why you don't want to see wilder and joshua fight. you aren't seeing any of the money. why do you care if the fight can be built more?
              I don't think that is it, as a Joshua fan I would like to see him get 1 maybe 2 more camps under his belt depending on how he looks against Parker. Still a lot of things he can improve defensively in there, as well as his jab, and pacing himself over the distance, so purely from a sporting perspective I feel Joshua hasn't reached his peak and too many defensive lapses will cost him with Wilder. Having said that obviously it would be exciting next, I think the fact that it might be 18 months or so premature for Joshua in some ways makes it more exciting, as he's more vulnerable.

Building it from a marketability point of view is just a by-product of the above, and will benefit both fighters financially as long as they win in the interim.

If I was advising Joshua I would definitely wait a couple of fights and get that bit more experience. He has no obligation to fight him, there are other good fights, and it definitely builds the financials.

As a fan, I would rather watch it in 2 fights time, but certainly would be excited for it, if it was next.

Comment

Luis Ortiz is a name I can give everyone a pass on to think he would beat Wilder, I thought that as well, but Dillian Whyte is a very crude and easy to hit fighter that and he is stocky short and not that mobile, Wilder will have a field day he will be capable of outboxing Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Deontay Wilder fought in the month of March. And AJ is about to fight in March as well.

They should both be in action again at the same time, their schedules have lined up perfectly.

Why can't Joshua vs Wilder happen next? Other than to prevent Eddie Hearn's gravy train from potentially coming to a halt?
                  Said it before the Wilder Vs. AJ fight hasn't got the coverage it needs yet, British public have no idea who Wilder really is.
                  Wilder needs to fight someone relevant a British name and for it to be hopefully in England to give him the coverage he needs to make an AJ Vs. Wilder fight...
                  Parker did it, why can't Wilder do it?

People will avoid answering that and pretend Wilder is some sort of big star name, but he ain't he needs to come to England the home of the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    “In line” lol he has the only belt available. He’s first in line for aj. But you can boys don’t want it to happen for some reason
                    There is a 3 belt HW unification fight happening in the UK next month. Joshua vs Parker. Check it out.

Comment

There is a 3 belt HW unification fight happening in the UK next month. Joshua vs Parker. Check it out.
                      Next month? It’s next week lol. And after it happens the only belt left will be wilders. You sound shook

Comment

Working...
                      X