No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
    So wait, you think Ward is justified in his fighting tactics or not? I don't understand what argument you're trying to make.

I'm genuinely interested in your response. I've always liked Ward before his fights with Kovalev, but I guess I never watched close enough to see how much he uses that "bend at the waist and launch with your head move". Honestly, is that HOF boxing? Are the low blows dirty or "veteran moves"?
    it's not hof boxing, it's not p4p boxing (some people thought he was p4p no 1 LOL), it's not boxing at all.

so glad that chump retired. he won't be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Now isn't the time for your whining. Take a day off.

Comment

• Ward had very very little fans, what a sad career it was. Suits him right with his A Side demands and dirty tactics headbutting, almost blinding Kessler and trying to make Kovale infertile with his puches to the groin. No character, no charisma, just a dirty selfimposed diva.

Comment

• Haters jealous go watch AB you fake fans worried about a low blow when guys butting wrestling trying to hurt his arm grow up boxing is rough replays showed most were on borderm

Comment

• Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
            So wait, you think Ward is justified in his fighting tactics or not? I don't understand what argument you're trying to make.

I'm genuinely interested in your response. I've always liked Ward before his fights with Kovalev, but I guess I never watched close enough to see how much he uses that "bend at the waist and launch with your head move". Honestly, is that HOF boxing? Are the low blows dirty or "veteran moves"?

haha, i think my ward avatar throws people off.

i'm a genuinely unbiased poster. or as unbiased as a person can be, i guess.

i thought ward should have had points taken and that kovalev should have had time to recover on several occasions. i can't see how any sane individual would argue with that. he's not evander holyfield, but he's without a doubt boxing's most prolific headbutter on the p4p level. probably the biggest head butter at the p4p level since hopkins. maybe i'm forgetting somebody, but i doubt it!

Comment

• Congrats on Illustrious Career.......

Ward has nothing to prove by continually fighting. Stevens won't fight him. Ward was forced out of his division by HBO to lose to Kov who he knocked out and beat twice. GGG, Bellew Degale won't fight him so there really are no big money fights for him. Badou Jack would probable fight him but there's not a lot of money in that fight. Might as well retire on top and do analyst work or coaching going forward. Wish Ward and his family nothing but the best on an excellent career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                This guy is a cawk fighter .

How you gonna retire and duck a trilogy with a guy you were gifted a tko over with a dck punch

His legacy is headbutts clinching and dck punches.

Beating a drained chad dawson .headbutting the shht put kessler. Never traveling outside oakland beside the kovalev fights in which he was helped by the ref and judges .
                Agreed. His resumé is extremely overrated, but then just look at the ages of all Floyd's "best" opponents, and yet casuals praise his resumé all the time. If you're a black American defensive boxer, Max Kellerman, Roy Jones Jr, and Bernard Hopkins have your back, they will create this fantasy of all these amazing wins you have before you even legitimately beat top guys in their primes, and then the casuals will believe what the "experts" tell them. It is what it is. All these guys will get overrated for a little while until there are just too many of them, like how Joe Rogan says 20 different UFC fighters are "maybe the best of all time," and only then will fans start realizing these experts are lying to them, and that these boxers without any true elite prime opponents on their resumés are nowhere near as good as advertised. But until then, I'm just glad the cheater is done messing up the sport, if he wasn't going to fight any top guys anyway. No surprise he ducked Stevenson and Beterbiev and so on. He might come back in a couple years for a money fight, wouldn't surprise me, but if he's injured then maybe not.

Comment

• Who broke who's brain again???

ward broke kovalev's athletic cup but knows neither fight was a legitimate win

good riddance!

Comment

• Hater no one could beat him so hate on him remember super 8 cleaned them all out easy easy $ barely lost a round!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Hope it's not true. I would love to see him against Bellew or even winner of Parker-Fury to challenge for the HW title.

However, how many fighters can claim they retired as p2p no 1
                      ... Respect to the man!
                      Didn't enjoy his fighting style, but nobody can deny his boxing skills and his talent. ATG SMW for sure!
                      Fake P4P number 1 IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X