No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Turns To Takam For Sparring Help For Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
    You're on some next level intellectual shizzle there Sherlock !
    Thanks son.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      He is scared? How about top heavyweights tend to spar better quality opponents... especially for a unification fight...
      Yeah nah. It's not normal to spar someone you just beat.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        I would be very careful with headgear here. Takam is tough but also comes head first at times.

He made AJ's nose bleed from a clash.

From a headbutt.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
          Or it may be the fact that Takam is a recent opponent of Joseph Parker and as such is likely to have valuable insights to offer.

I'm not saying Joshua had everything his own way in the Takam fight, but I've repeatedly seen people refer to Joshua going "life and death" with Takam, which is clearly bull**** to anyone who was actually watching the fight.
          Joshua was winning most of the rounds but he was gassing at the end and Takam was starting to come on, right when the ref hurried to call a premature stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyApe View Post
            Yeah nah. It's not normal to spar someone you just beat.
            It does happen and it does not mean he is scared because of it. Stop reaching

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Joshua was winning most of the rounds but he was gassing at the end and Takam was starting to come on, right when the ref hurried to call a premature stoppage.
              Joshua was winning all of the rounds and actually it was Joshua who was coming on, which is why the referee's stoppage, whilst bad, isn't considered particularly controversial. People talked about the stoppage being early but I can't think of any serious commentators who suggest it was anything like what you say.

I agree that the stoppage was bull****, because you have to give a guy a chance to come through adversity in an world title fight and Takam wasn't given that chance. But he was starting to get beaten up, no question. It seems to me like you want to see a conspiracy that just isn't there.

Comment

Joshua was winning all of the rounds and actually it was Joshua who was coming on, which is why the referee's stoppage, whilst bad, isn't considered particularly controversial. People talked about the stoppage being early but I can't think of any serious commentators who suggest it was anything like what you say.

I agree that the stoppage was bull****, because you have to give a guy a chance to come through adversity in an world title fight and Takam wasn't given that chance. But he was starting to get beaten up, no question. It seems to me like you want to see a conspiracy that just isn't there.
                I see you've met Shoulder Troll . Best bet is to honk and keep on driving .

Comment

You're glossing over the fact that Joshua was running out of gas. And Takam was still fighting back when the ref conveniently chose that moment to step in.

You don't do that to the challenger in a championship fight.

The fact that AJ has now hired this guy as his sparring partner tells me all I need to know about how tough Joshua thought that fight was.

As for juggernaut666...take a look at the video he posted of himself hitting the heavy bag. If you want a good chuckle.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-08-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
                    People love overrating these UK journeymen
                    Takam isn't UK based, or from the UK. I can only assume you mean him.

Comment

Takam with nothing to lose and gas in his tank for the final 2 rounds could have been a nightmare for a fading Joshua.

AJ looked like he was on his last flurry ,and running on fumes before the ref helped him out with the stoppage.

Takam was still defending, didnt look wobbly and still had his legs under him a lot more than windmill when Ortiz had him in trouble.

People pay to see legit knock outs or consecutive knock downs in the championship rounds. It doesn't matter that AJ was comfortably ahead on points.

The fans deserved more than the questionable stoppage they got!

Comment

Working...
                      X