No announcement yet.

The Official: Rungvisai Hype Train / War Wagon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    He's billed as Srisaket Sor Rungvisai. Don't blame us, blame the promoters.

Besides, Rungvisai is a kickass name. Srisaket sounds like something freshly served on a plate. Then again...

Yeah, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is his nickname as a fighter. Srisaket the personal nickname, Sor Rungvisai to honor his sponsor.

His personal nickname comes from the province in Thailand he's from, Si Sa Ket.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
      Yeah, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is his nickname as a fighter. Srisaket the personal nickname, Sor Rungvisai to honor his sponsor.

His personal nickname comes from the province in Thailand he's from, Si Sa Ket.
      By that logic, calling him Srisaket is just as disrespectful as calling an elder by their first name.

Whatever he asks to be announced by in the ring is fair game IMO.

Comment

By that logic, calling him Srisaket is just as disrespectful as calling an elder by their first name.

Whatever he asks to be announced by in the ring is fair game IMO.
        That's absolutely not true. Srisaket is his nickname similar to "Pretty Boy", "Money" or "Pac-Man" and so on. You don't know about Thai fighting culture, I guess.

Watch his fights with Thai commentary, they'll either refer to him as Srisaket (mostly) or Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (to intodruce him) but they won't call him Rungvisai only. It doesn't make sense.

Sisukh Rungvisai is his sponsor and a Thai senator. It's like an advertisement. Ever heard of Knockout CP Freshmart? Guess who his sponsor is.

Comment

My girlfriend is Thai-American and you know what she calls him?

"Thai guy."

"Is the Thai guy fighting?" "No" "Oh I don't care then."

Comment

Watch his fights with Thai commentary, they'll either refer to him as Srisaket (mostly) or Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (to intodruce him) but they won't call him Rungvisai only. It doesn't make sense.
            This is false. They call him "Sor Rungvisai" or "Rungvisai". Go back and watch Rungvisai/Choco 2. Good/bad/right/wrong, that's boxing. He's a worldwide fighter now and better get used to shortening of his name until and unless he officially starts using Wisaksil.

Comment

come on dont ruin this thread guys , hype train should stay hype

WARRRRR ศรีสะเกษษษษ

Comment

didnt think much of this guy but starting to become a fan. so much pride and honor.

🏆The Champ is on his way🇹🇭✈️🇺🇸🏆 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• @wbcboxing super-flyweight world champion 🏆 Srisaket Sor Rungvisai 🇹🇭 (44-4-1) just left us here in Bangkok bound for LA, where he will defend his coveted title against Juan Francisco Estrada 🇲🇽 (36-2-0) •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• The fight takes place at The Forum on Saturday the 24th live on hboboxing — he sent was off from the airport this morning by WBC Vice-Chairman General Kovid. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••• #boxing #champion #siam********* #srisaket #estrada

A post shared by Siam********* (@siam*********) on

Comment

This is false. They call him "Sor Rungvisai" or "Rungvisai". Go back and watch Rungvisai/Choco 2. Good/bad/right/wrong, that's boxing. He's a worldwide fighter now and better get used to shortening of his name until and unless he officially starts using Wisaksil.
                  Are you talking about HBO or the Thai commentary? I told you, listen to THAI commentary, they know how to call their fighters.

/watch?v=l4HBdVwVpbA

War Srisaket!

Comment

Are you talking about HBO or the Thai commentary? I told you, listen to THAI commentary, they know how to call their fighters.

/watch?v=l4HBdVwVpbA

War Srisaket!
                    I prefer to understand who's talking, thanks though.

And what's the name of this thread again?

Comment

I prefer to understand who's talking, thanks though.

And what's the name of this thread again?
                      American ignorance. Well, I'm out.

WAR SRISAKET!

Comment

Working...
                      X