No announcement yet.

The greats who moved up to middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greats who moved up to middleweight

I wanted to know if these welterweights would be as great if they hadn't moved up to middleweight or even light heavyweight to fight the big names and be in I think most cases the underdog.

Ray Leonard
    Ray Robinson
    Tommy Hearns
    Roberto Duran

Yes I do have an agenda which you can probably guess but I wont mention his name but find it hard how hes given a pass.

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    I wanted to know if these welterweights would be as great if they hadn't moved up to middleweight or even light heavyweight to fight the big names and be in I think most cases the underdog.

Ray Leonard
    Ray Robinson
    Tommy Hearns
    Roberto Duran

Yes I do have an agenda which you can probably guess but I wont mention his name but find it hard how hes given a pass.
    That's a first around here

Comment

It just means he's less likely to be considered top 10 ATG. Few will hold it against him for not moving up but at the same time it would do wonders for his legacy if he did.

The examples of Leonard and Hearns in comparison to the fighter in question aren't relevant. It's convenient to add them to increase the length of the list.
      Last edited by Caught Square; 08-05-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HaymonBoxing View Post
        That's a first around here
        Admitting it is certainly new. I am in suspense.

Comment

Carmen Basilio is an obvious one, great fighter

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post

Ray Leonard
            Ray Robinson
            Tommy Hearns
            Roberto Duran

Just what are you implying? Let me tell you something buddy....If i wasn't going to my wheenie roast meeting, followed by my campaigne to declare Lazlo Pap the best lightweight ever I would give you a piece of my mind!

Comment

Working...
            X