Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will GGG retire w/o signature win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3g has two really good wins, lemy, jacob, plus some good-ok wins - from geale on.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      3g has two really good wins, lemy, jacob, plus some good-ok wins - from geale on.
      Lemieux wasn't a good win. Golovkin fans tried to hype it as one but after Saunders embarrassed the guy the abandoned that. His best wins are Jacobs and the WW Brook.

Comment

GGG still has Charlo, Canelo, Saunders and Andrade to beat up. I don't see the decline maybe cuz I never held him to a high standard cuz all I ever saw was a punching bag with insane power. His power imo was his defense, you feel one punch and cover up or throw "stay away from me" punches like most of his opponents did. The key now is to not cover up or try to run but to actually duck and GGG misses alot. A slight head movement confuses him.

I also saw alot of his fights from as far back as 2008 so this "off prime" GGG is shocking to me when I hear such. Watch the Rosado fight, you will barely see a difference except for opponents' reaction when they get hit.

Moreover there is barely anything he does best that can be easily deminished with age of 36 and no wars. He still has insane stamina and power, never was an athletic jumper like Pacquiao and cutting off the ring does not really fade with age. So where does that leave us? Quality of opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          but which people?

hopefuly not an asylum.
          I think the ring did a poll on who the people (Few thousand) thought won the Canelo-GGG fight...and it was like 90% in favour of Golovkin winning

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Lemieux wasn't a good win. Golovkin fans tried to hype it as one but after Saunders embarrassed the guy the abandoned that. His best wins are Jacobs and the WW Brook.
            ok but it was stillworld class win.

Comment

Clenelo is a signature win.

Comment

What is a signature win?

Can you give some examples?

Comment

Isn’t pernell Whitaker’s entire legacy based on robberies? Or that draw against jcc?

Who did Whitaker officially beat? Nobody

Comment

Golovkin lost 3-4 years of his career he'll never get back chasing Canelo sniffing his ass for a payday. He can still make up for it by focusing on being undisputed then moving up to 168-175 for bigger scalps.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Nah man Lemeiux was a great scalp. The guy was undefeated and a KO machine. Nobody predicted a boxing clinic. That was imo GGG's best career performance. BJS beats the same guy and that shifted the opinions about him and now Billy is considered a legit threat. So obviously Lemeiux cant be that bad if it meant so much when Saunders beat him.

1. Jacobs
                      2. Lemmy
                      3. Murray
                      4. Geale
                      5. Brook

Decent. Solid. That's the best way to describe it. A solid resume. And GGG will soon break Hopkins defense record. That will be a historical moment. He just needs to stop obsessing over Canelo that's the main thing I'm critical of.

Comment

Working...
                      X