Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Brock Lesnar effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pick Brock to win, Hunt is nothing special, hes never been a great at stopping a takedown, specially after 1 round, i knew Brock would be in better shape than Hunt

Maybe if he would of started in MMA at an earlier age we could of seen that beast u describe, but he'll never beat Cain or any other top UFC HW

I still believe Cain is the best HW in the UFC right now

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
      I didn't contradict anything I'm saying.. Carwin was a good defensive wrestler, but he wasn't gonna be able to do it all the time anyways because as I've said a few times before, his tank was awful. Awful... Awful.

It'll never happen though, Brock ain't fighting for the belt unless he just up and quits WWE, which he still has a year and half left to finish, and UFC won't give him a chance for the belt if he can only do a fight a year.

Stipe wouldn't get wrestled down as easily as Hunt, and I think would open him up more to punch, and if you're doubting Stipe can knock Lesnar out you're just delusional.

Stipe has much better stamina, punches (though not as much power) and MUCH better footwork then Carwin. You're making Shane Carwin out to be some p4p fighter in those few years, he wasn't. He was big, and had big hands and good TDD. Stipe beats Carwin in his prime, if we're going with Stipe now.
      Carwin went the distance with JDs,his cardio is fine.the reality pushing around Lesnar will tire most guys out and Carwin never went past round one then. He also threw many shots at Lesnar and didn't pace himself.

You also stated Lesnars striking when he out struck Hunt and ate at least three huge shots on the jaw in those 3 riounds without budging so not sure what you are getting at. Clearly Stipe is not going to have the physical abilities like carwin ,that's just reality,he has to win by landing a counter opunch going backwards like Werdum.

A strong wrestler who hits hard has advantages over Stipe that would include Carwin ,who also has short punches on the inside ,he destroyed Mir and would do the same to Miocic. If you are going on Carwins performance against JDS ,don't bother b/c he had major surgerie and was out awahile,clearly wasn't the same guy.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-13-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
        I pick Brock to win, Hunt is nothing special, hes never been a great at stopping a takedown, specially after 1 round, i knew Brock would be in better shape than Hunt

Maybe if he would of started in MMA at an earlier age we could of seen that beast u describe, but he'll never beat Cain or any other top UFC HW

I still believe Cain is the best HW in the UFC right now
        Hunt should have won against Werdum,the same Werdum ppl were calling GOAT around here and on other MMA sites,but he fought careless and made a mistake. He also crushed Mir,so not sure where you get the idea Hunt never beat anyone good or was not able to?

Cain is the best however he hasn't fought Brock at his best either and was taken down twice,so if that doesn't convince you Lesnar is that good I don't know what will? we now have a better Brock and that's OBVIOUS,if you think he wont beat any top UFC guys you are in denial.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-13-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Carwin went the distance with JDs,his cardio is fine.the reality pushing around Lesnar will tire most guys out and Carwin never went past round one then.

You also stated Lesnars striking when he out struck Hunt and ate at least three huge shots on the jaw in those 3 riounds without budging so not sure what you are getting at. Clearly Stipe is not going to have the physical abilities like carwin ,that's just reality,he has to win by landing a counter opunch going backwards like Werdum.

A strong wrestler who hits hard has advantages over Stipe that would include Carwin ,who also has short punches on the inside ,he destroyed Mir and would do the same to Miocic. If you are going on Carwins performance against JDS ,don't bother b/c he had major surgerie and was out awahile,clearly wasn't the same guy.
          I want Stipe v Brock now , we'll have to make a bet if that ever happens man.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Hunt should have won against Werdum,the same Werdum ppl were calling GOAT around here and on other MMA sites,but he fought careless and made a mistake. He also crushed Mir,so not sure where you get the idea Hunt never beat anyone good or was not able to?

Cain is the best however he hasn't fought Brock at his best either and was taken down twice,so if that doesn't convince you Lesnar is that good I don't know what will? we now have a better Brock and that's OBVIOUS,if you think he wont beat any top UFC guys you are in denial.
            Lol when did i said that Hunt never beat somebody good or that he wasnt capable of lol

A young Brock could do much better, but ur in denial u cant change time, i highly doubt Brock can beat Stipe, Cain, or Overeem i think those are the top 3 at HW

I would match him with Werdum or JDS see how he does

Either way he was destroyed easily by Cain n Reem already, i dont see him beating them

He can be a champ at WWE lol

Comment

Yeah and it's all moot since this was promoted as a one shot deal for Brock. Why would be continue MMA when he can make even more working for WWE part time?

Comment

Working...
              X