Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream Team vs 2012 Olympic Team.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Team. I do think 2012 Team would have the edge in speed and athleticism though.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      why don't you back your statement up. you think dream team could match today's US team in athleticism?

Lebron would destroy Magic.
      Durant woudl destroy Bird.
      Westbrook, Paul, D-Will would destroy Stockton.
      Carmelo would destroy Drexler
      Harden would destroy Mullen.

Only Jordan is more Athletic than his 2012 counterpart Kobe.

the 2012 team would demolish the dream team.
      repost from another thread.

Comment

who guards lebron? exactly.

who guards westbrook off the bench? exactly.

how do the 92 guys handle a fast break of: westbrook, lebron, and melo/durant? exactly.

better make it a slow game or chuck & co get ran off the court.

Comment

Originally Posted by kswizzy99

why don't you back your statement up. you think dream team could match today's US team in athleticism?

Lebron would destroy Magic.
          Durant woudl destroy Bird.
          Westbrook, Paul, D-Will would destroy Stockton.
          Carmelo would destroy Drexler
          Harden would destroy Mullen.

Only Jordan is more Athletic than his 2012 counterpart Kobe.

the 2012 team would demolish the dream team.
          Ewing, Robinson, Malone and Barkley would absolutely smash anyone driving and would have the paint so locked down the 2012 dream team would look like the Lithuanians jacking up long shots.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Ewing, Robinson, Malone and Barkley would absolutely smash anyone driving and would have the paint so locked down the 2012 dream team would look like the Lithuanians jacking up long shots.
            not with 2012 rules. lol

and off the fast break, they aren't doing nothing cause they can't keep up. not to mention 6'10, long stroke, 30 on a bad day kd.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              lol. you say that as if those guys were deffensive juggernauts.

Malone is like a headless chicken on defense. Westbrook would already be in the rim before he knew what happened.

Barkley would get raped by Griffin.

Not to mention with Kevin Love on the court, Barkley and Malone wouldn't be anywhere near the basket or Love would be wide open for a automatic 3.

and good luck to Robinson and Ewing on catching Griffin on a fast break. And if they helped on anyone penetrating(Lebron, Westbrook, Paul, D-Will, Durant......) you can just throw a lob pass 30 feet in the air for Griffin and Tyson to throwdown.

Comment

It was a much rougher league. Fouls are given based on star power in the actual NBA since it is rigged. The '92 team has significantly more star power than the '12 team. So the '92 team has better big men and more star power. Unless '12 was just flawless from long range I can't see them winning this game.

Malone might not have been the best on defense, but he'd have Kevin Love and Blake Griffin crying from the hard style of play.

Comment

original..

Comment

it would be close, think the 08 redeem team would be a better game than '12 team.I know that a athletic advantage would be big for '12 but experience ,intangibles and killer instinct factor with prime pip,mailman, cb,Robinson,Ewing, and of course #9, would trump this team.

Comment

The GOAT respond to Kobe:

"I absolutely laughed. For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done."
                      "I heard Kobe say we were not athletic, said a smiling Jordan as he sat in a golf cart puffing on his cigar while waiting to tee off. But we were smart. He said we were too old, but I was 29 and in the prime of my career. Pip (Scottie Pippen) was 26 or 27, (Charles) Barkley was 29, Patrick (Ewing) was 29 and Chris Mullin was 29. Almost everybody was still in their 20s."

"Most of us were in the prime of our careers, at a point where athleticism doesn't really matter," said Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats."
                      "You have to know how to play the game."
                      "I imagine he's trying to say it to legitimize his own Dream Team, Jordan said. But to me it's not even a question what team is better."
                      "For him to make that comparison, it's one of those things where it creates conversation," Jordan said. "I guess we'll never know. I'd like to think that we had 11 Hall of Famers on that team, and whenever they get 11 Hall of Famers, you call and ask me who had the better Dream Team. Remember now, they learned from us. We didn't learn from them."
                      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X