No announcement yet.

How would Usyk vs Povetkin play out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Usyk vs Povetkin play out?

Seems like a legit fight when Usyk moves up. How do you see it going if it was to happen?

The thing with Usyk for me right now is how does he look at 210-220lbs. And how does he take or avoid HW punches. Til we see him at HW its kinda hard to make THAT bold of a prediction for or against him I feel like.

That being said I think he's got more boxing talent, ring IQ & high level tactics than any two top HW's so if he keeps looking like the Usyk we've seen at 200lbs, slightly more or slightly less, with the additional 10-20lbs & he doesn't get flatlined or do the Zab Judah by the first big shot he takes than I love his chances vs all the top guys at HW & I'd probably favor him vs any of them.

Comment

I think Povetkin would ko him.

Comment

if his chin holds up i think he'll beat everyone. his power isnt a huge issue for me. you saw it with bakolie v hunter, he had enough power to hurt bakolie and stop him. heavyweights arent just going to happily take a clean punch from usyk, theyv all got power at that weight.

Comment

I like the fight but not sure it’s a sensible choice for usyk. He wouldn’t get much for this, the likes of Whyte, chisora, Allen, price, etc could easily be made - all for probably more money with matchroom and better place him for AJ.

Povetkin would be a dangerous fight and probably wouldn’t be worth the risk.

Comment

Doesn't get touched! Uysk EASY UD...EASY! Stick and move for 12 but to the casual they will say he Ran and call the fight boring

Comment

Usyk could out point him the size difference is about the same. Movement could be the factor here...the thing with Usyk is he is going to rely on points fighting so his fights may not really be exciting when he actually fights much bigger guys. A Povetkin type guy is as small as hes going to get at top level which is more suited for his style bc he likes to use his reach to set up the shots.

Really wouldn't be shocked either way,right now I would lean towards a Usyk movement over Povetkin inside opportunist,.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-16-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Bump!!!!!!!!

Comment

Usyk is too weak for HW now and should not fight someone like Povetkin yet. He should fight big but slow and weak boxers to show the world how great technically he is and how he can outbox them easily. He should avoid anyone with a heavy hand.

Comment

Working...
                  X