No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Chisora, Not Luis Ortiz, is Frontrunner For Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Browne is probably 30th in the division since his comeback, he was fresh off a PED bust, fought once in 2 years during his suspension, and gained 14lbs of fat since getting busted.

Parker himself should've lost to Andy Ruiz, these guys don't have very impressive resumes, Whyte proved that the first time he fought Dereck.
    Browne was probably rusty but Whyte still destroyed an undefeated former WBA champion. Parker was coming off a unification bout with Joshua where he went the distance. I think Derek is more tested for sure and deserves another shot at Whyte.

Comment

• Originally posted by sayf View Post
      Seriously Hearn, give the British what they want, a real fight.

Nobody wants to see Chisora vs Whyte 2 it was fun the first, but there's no way of pay to see that. It's a terrestrial TV fight at best.

Ortiz however, regardless of his age, presents Whyte with arguably his first fully legit opponent who isn't totally washed up or European level other than Joshua.
      lol nobody knows who Ortiz is in the UK except for hardcore boxing fans. Whyte Chisora rematch will be a great fight just like the first one and people will pay for it.

Comment

• This dude is a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
          I think the rematch with Chisora has to happen for this reason.
          Large majority of people would prefer to see him fight Ortiz.

Fighting Chisora again wont get him any credit, if he really thinks he can beat Ortiz he will fight him. I think he knows he cant beat Ortiz, he has ran his mouth and now dropped his nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            lol nobody knows who Ortiz is in the UK except for hardcore boxing fans. Whyte Chisora rematch will be a great fight just like the first one and people will pay for it.
            What are you on about, Ortiz nearly decapitated Wilder and was seconds from winning. With all the hype around Joshua and Wilder his name has really grown.

Secondly you could really sell this as an eliminator for the WBC to potentially set up Whyte vs Joshua for all the belts. Now obviously it's highly doubtful Whyte could last more than a few rounds with Wilder. The winner of Wilder vs Whyte could command serious money vs Joshua. That's all based on that Whyte could get through Ortiz, which again, I'm not sure he can do, but if he does there's no doubt he'd deserve a shot at Wilder.

The Chisora fight will not give Whyte anything but a payday, if he wins he won't be any closer a belt, if he loses he'll be exposed. Its a high risk fight with very little return for his legacy. He'll make a few quid, but I get the feeling that's not enough for Whyte.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Obviously! Tell your guy to STFU and stop running his mouth on Social Media then
              That's typical Hearn sleaze for ya', twisting things to make it sound like Ortiz is the needy guy:

"he wanted to make some noise by saying, 'I want to fight Dillian Whyte.'"

the ****ing nerve of this guy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Lol some of the comments in here. When are u guys gonna realise that noone outside of this forum rates or cares about luis Ortiz hes an old man whos beaten noone, the chisora fight makes more money thats why its happening, its quite simple. Its hardly a cherry pick cause many thought whyte lost the first fight
                This is the only rational post i've seen in this thread. Some posters here really don't understand that nobody outside of the small hardcore boxing fanbase gives a **** about Luis Ortiz. They are living in a bubble. Whyte-Chisora II will do good numbers and you can pretty much guarantee it'll be a very entertaining fight.

Comment

• If no one cares about Luis Ortiz then why did Whyte take time out of his day to call him out publicly on twitter? No matter how you slice it it looks bad for him even if he isn't afraid to fight Ortiz it makes him look like a dumbass/

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                    Browne was probably rusty but Whyte still destroyed an undefeated former WBA champion. Parker was coming off a unification bout with Joshua where he went the distance. I think Derek is more tested for sure and deserves another shot at Whyte.
                    Browne was garbage when he was young fit and on peds. The rusty inactive old fat version would be lucky to be in top 100 current heavy weights.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Wrong. There are several polls that prove the fans overwhelmingly want to see him fight ortiz, not chisora

Comment

Working...
                      X