Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Inoue the 2nd biggest star in boxing behind Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    These are massive numbers.

I can see why he is such a star. His vicious attack is a thing of beauty for boxing fans. He just overwhelms his opponents with hand speed, power and accurate relentless combinations. Not one minute of any of his fights is dull. He makes things happen fast. There is nobody fighting today that I would rather watch than Inoue.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        How many 90k stadiums has he filled?
        im sure he can fill one for $20 bucks a head man

Comment

Kudos to the Japanese Boxing community for supporting the sport like this. You can understand why top stars are contemplating going to Japan to fight Murata and Inoue.

Looking at these numbers is why I was so mad at HBO for investing in foreign guys rather than home grown stars. Murata and Inoue do huge numbers because they are home grown stars fans have watched develop since they were much younger. IMO Americans would support the sport more if the networks showcased Olympic stars like they used too.

But that is off the point of the thread and a topic for another day.

Comment

Its interesting to see these numbers in different parts of the world. I'd still say Joshua is #2 cuz he's doing PPV. If Inoue is getting some PPV money on top of these numbers then maybe he is or would be #2 doe idk.

The whole PPV money vs eyes watching conversion rate debate to determine who's bigger in a deeper way is an open debate. Cuz I mean who's to say 5M eyes on a boxer does or doesn't make one bigger than 1M people paying for you? If people had to pay $26/USD to $80/USD to watch Inoue how many people are watching him then? Who f#cking knows. And if Joshua or Canelo were fighting on free TV how many people would be watching them? Who f#cking knows. Its a complicated thing to determine without digging into the info a lot more. Like how much does each 1M people watching Inoue in Japan translate into money? Again who f#cking knows. I know I don't got an answer to those questions.

Comment

Working...
            X