X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea’s Kepa is soooo much better than Big Nose

Comment

• Big Nose lets in 95th minute goals against bum la liga sides. His first clasico is coming up and i bet he gets brutalized. If he is letting goals in against bums, Messi and the lot should run him out of Spain.

Cant believe City played with 9 at the back at times against Pool. When have you ever seen a Pep side stick in everyone but the striker at the 18?

Comment

• That game was terrible.

Looks good for Chelsea if that’s what midweek CL will take out of them whilst we play fishermen and goat herders with our reserves

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Big Nose lets in 95th minute goals against bum la liga sides. His first clasico is coming up and i bet he gets brutalized. If he is letting goals in against bums, Messi and the lot should run him out of Spain.

Cant believe City played with 9 at the back at times against Pool. When have you ever seen a Pep side stick in everyone but the striker at the 18?
          Can you show me one example of this happening in open play? I remember us sitting as far back as the half way line at times, that's it.

Edit: one tactical point I will add about yesterday is that Bernardo seemed to be playing in an anchorman role a lot of the time alongside Fernandinho. That was an excellent adjustment from Pep which allowed us to build from the back much easier than we've been able to against Liverpool in the past. Also the passing from Stones and Laporte was excellent in breaking the lines which also helps.

***** penalty from Mahrez but we should've had at least 2 more, Aguero would've buried one.
          Last edited by El Fenomeno; 10-08-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• I think Citeh obviously did defend deep at points and Kyle Walker at times would be a third centre back.

It was a controlled performance by City. Deserved a draw. Didn’t deserve anymore imo.

Pep does show Liverpool more reverence than the rest which they’ve earned to be fair. Chelsea haven’t been remotely competitive with City in their last 3 fixtures.

I am keen for Chelsea to play City again to see where we are really at.

I dunno about Liverpool being the only challengers to City. I just think their game is too high intensity. I knew they’d struggle after the Chelsea game and then they played two more good sides. They did well to get a deserved draw yesterday. But eventually they’re just gonna hit a brick wall even against a mediocre side.

I think they’re more likely to win the champions league than the league. They’ll go deep in that again.

City’s pressing game and too a lesser extent Chelsea’s looks easier. You watch Liverpool and you’ll get Milner doing a 60 yard press with his ****** stamina. Absolutely nobody was surprised when his hammy went.

City and Chelsea work of a trigger like a poor touch or a risky pass. Liverpool will just press everything like in the first 15 mins against City and they managed that for 45 mins against Chelsea.

I dunno, it’d be boring if everyone played like City but Liverpool’s pressing game is a bit ******ed let’s be honest. They’re like the Amir Khan of footy but with a better chin.

Comment

• Also got to mention Arsenal!

They’re winning every week and nobody rates them at all. But they have goals in them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                I dunno about Liverpool being the only challengers to City. I just think their game is too high intensity. I knew they’d struggle after the Chelsea game and then they played two more good sides. They did well to get a deserved draw yesterday. But eventually they’re just gonna hit a brick wall even against a mediocre side.
                If I'm honest I think there'll come a point where we start to run away with it again, barring injuries. If you look at the 2 games we've dropped points we were a missed pen and a blatant handball goal away (at Wolves) from putting 24/24 on the board. That's without KDB starting a single game too.

The last few weeks have made me more confident that Liverpool will properly burn out at some point. I don't think Chelsea have enough quality at the top end to maintain a challenge. Spurs and Arsenal, meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  If I'm honest I think there'll come a point where we start to run away with it again, barring injuries. If you look at the 2 games we've dropped points we were a missed pen and a blatant handball goal away (at Wolves) from putting 24/24 on the board. That's without KDB starting a single game too.

The last few weeks have made me more confident that Liverpool will properly burn out at some point. I don't think Chelsea have enough quality at the top end to maintain a challenge. Spurs and Arsenal, meh.
                  Agreed really.

I just can’t see Liverpool keeping that up and we just don’t score enough goals.

We need a striker in Jan but who would be good enough?

Mitrovic would actually suit us down to the ground because no big dogs will move in Jan.

Comment

• Best defender in the PL era retired today.

It was nice that Carragher recognised that. It is very easy to distance yourself from Terry as the Northern heavy sports footie writers and pundits have shat all over him for years that he’s absolutely a free hit because the FA decided he called Anton Ferdinand a black bastard even if a court of law didn’t and because Terry smashed a woman who was basically a hooker who Wayne Bridge, Eidur Gudjohnsen and half the Chelsea team went through.

A fantastic defender, and leader with the heart of lion. Not without his mistakes but no worse than most footy players. Didn’t spit on a child or go around punching dj’s or calling Ashley Cole a choc ice, or smashing his actual brothers wife etc etc

Comment

• So Alisson getting that Ballon d'Or then

Comment

Working...
                      X